diy solar

diy solar

Batrium WatchMonCore w/ Cellmate-K9 - 16s1p 280Ah - BMS Not Reading all cells properly/at all

Solar Canada

I have an issue with my BMS that I am looking for some feedback on. I have just set it up for the first time but purchased the equipment over a year ago.

I have verified that I have closely matched cell voltages after connecting them in parallel to a desk top power supply. I mounted my Balance leads and checked that the correct voltages are being read at the Cellmate connectors prior to connecting them into the Cellmate so everything looks exactly right.

The issue is that when I connect system and load up the Batrium software I am seeing that Cell 1 is not reading at all, and that Cell 3 & 4 are reading very strangely - see video of what is happening at my Youtube channel here:

It appears that one cell is extremely high and then it starts to balance with the cell adjacent to it. It appears that the connection with the Cellmate is not being made correctly. When I look at the top of the Cellmate connector there is some hard black material that is deposited there, from the manufacturing process as I never used any black material in my setup, and I think it may have gotten inside the connector on the cellmate - see photo below. I already removed some of the material so it's hard to see, should have took a photo but you can see it around Cell1 Pin and it was on top of Connector location for 3 & 4 too but I removed it. Has anyone ever see this or have some advice on what to do here? As I said above I bought this over a year ago directly from Batrium but only setting it up now as I own a Solar company and we have been extremely busy for the past year.

TIA for any feedback/advice/etc.

Cellmate-K9 - Foreign Black Material.jpg

I'm assuming it's highly similar to my WM5. I also took about a year to deploy it.

Triple check the wire leads into the screw terminals. Make sure there's no insulation, and confirm they are good and snug. The flat head is so small, I had a really hard time getting them tight enough until I got a small screwdriver with a beefier handle.

I'd pull it out of the green housing and look at the back of the board to make sure there are no solder issues.

Back