diy solar

diy solar

Batrium watchman 5 2p16s LiFePo4

tweekzilla

I'm looking into a BMS for a 2p16s using 280aH LiFePo4 cells. I initially thought the Batrium watchman 5 with the 500A shunt would be an ideal solution but am I right in that it will only do 15s not 16s? If so I presume if I wanted to use Batrium (but don't have to) then I would need the watchman 4s? Any other good solutions? It's going into a 12.5kw inverter and I'll probably only use at most 8kw so need <300A rating.

Correct. WM5/MM8 10-15 cells.

Watchmon 4 has been replaced with their Watchmon Core.

They now have the CellMate K9 that can monitor 3-16 cells rather than having to buy a Longmon/blockmon/whatevermon for each cell.

Personally, I would break it out into 2 separate 16S batteries with a cellmate for each.

About $900.

Batrium advantage is cell data logging/monitoring and CAN communication options with some systems like Victron.

Ah Interesting indeed. Two strings 16s and use a single Watchmon Core and 2 CellMate K9s (Along with the 500A shunt). I'll look a little more into that and if that works then adding capacity should be a lot easier (not that I think I'll need more that a 2p16s 280aH system)

Ah Interesting indeed. Two strings 16s and use a single Watchmon Core and 2 CellMate K9s (Along with the 500A shunt). I'll look a little more into that and if that works then adding capacity should be a lot easier (not that I think I'll need more that a 2p16s 280aH system)

Yep. I'm using 15S NMC and am using the WM5+MM8 for the second battery. Have yet to install it, but I received my Batrium recently.

You could simply add another cellmate with each 16S battery you added.

About $900.
I just checked pricing and without the shunt option the price was $645 for Watchman Core + 2 K9s + 2 sets of fuses and fuse holders. Adding their shunt brings it to $775 and adding their expansion board (has bunch of relays and extra inputs) brings it to $842.

Back