diy solar

diy solar

Batter building steps

Iridetheshortbus

I just received my 4 304ah batteries from Ducanpower. And my bms. Other than top balancing is there anything else I should be doing before setting these up to my solar system?

And how long can I leave the batteries unattended as I’m not quite ready to start working with them at the moment?

I just received my 4 304ah batteries from Ducanpower. And my bms. Other than top balancing is there anything else I should be doing before setting these up to my solar system?

And how long can I leave the batteries unattended as I’m not quite ready to start working with them at the moment?

1. Capacity test.
1.2 Find out at what voltage the weak cell nosedives(this will determine your cycle bandwidth)
2. Test to see if the cell delta re-converges satisfactorily when you re-charge the pack.
This will give you an idea if your BMS can maintain the top balance of the pack.

WARNING: If you discharge until the low cell hits 2.5 volts, its unlikely the pack will have a satisfactory delta upon re-charge.
So you might want to terminate the capacity test when the weak cell(s) starts to break away from the rest.

Back