diy solar

diy solar

Batteries sorted by price per kWh, not sure if it would be appropriate to share.

Can you state that you in no way benefit from the use of this tool or any of the affiliate links?
Sorry if I'm not being clear. Amazon only makes this data available as part of their affiliate program. It would not be possible to make this tool without access to the data, and the data is made available contingent on the fact that it will include the links as provided by Amazon and not modified, to for example, by removing the affiliate query string. These links are affiliate links associated with my account, if someone clicks a link and buys a battery, I would get an affiliate commission. If I changed the links to not include the association with my account/remove the affiliate part, Amazon could take away access to the data and without the data the tool could not continue to function.

In addition, Amazon asks for a list of domains and social accounts that will include the affiliate links/data they provide. They demand disclaimers on the page like:

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of the product.

and

CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.

There is a long contract of rules and requirements that go along with the data. I'm not a lawyer, but what are the implications of me taking data Amazon has provided under certain conditions and sharing them on sites I haven't disclosed in advance in some other format like an image?

so why not send a copy of the program to @Will Prowse and then He can duplicate it using his amazon affiliate program, and he can make the disclaimer that he does not advocate for any of them as he has not tested them and its only so that the forum members can sort via price.

forum members ge the use of the tool and will can still maintain control over his forum. since the OP claims that he is not in it for the money... or am i being naïve?

And here I thought OP's software trolled listing from Amazon, created a report listing them with prices, and the links came with other people's affiliate links.

Is the request to post on DIY Solar Forum a page (or link to software) which proffers affiliate links that give revenue to OP?

I often copy/paste links here. But I've figured out how to crop them so they are just a basic link. No affiliate, no search parameters, etc.

so why not send a copy of the program to @Will Prowse and then He can duplicate it using his amazon affiliate program, and he can make the disclaimer that he does not advocate for any of them as he has not tested them and its only so that the forum members can sort via price.

forum members ge the use of the tool and will can still maintain control over his forum. since the OP claims that he is not in it for the money... or am i being naïve?
No I did not make the program so I should not get credit. But I would post my concerns in the thread.

I've actually wanted to find a way to pay everyone for using the forum somehow. But previously that ended badly with group buy section going out of control and raw cell distributors pushing sales through private messages. I don't think we would have an issue with this program.

No I did not make the program so I should not get credit. But I would post my concerns in the thread.

I've actually wanted to find a way to pay everyone for using the forum somehow. But previously that ended badly with group buy section going out of control and raw cell distributors pushing sales through private messages. I don't think we would have an issue with this program.
An admirable sentiment.

Based on what I'm hearing from the OP, none of the affiliate links that would be in the presented data are his.

But, why does Amazon have affiliate links in their pages? I though affiliate links would be embedded pages that are on other sites that are trying to push that particular product?

Based on what I'm hearing from the OP, none of the affiliate links that would be in the presented data are his.

But, why does Amazon have affiliate links in their pages? I though affiliate links would be embedded pages that are on other sites that are trying to push that particular product?
Incorrect. Reread his post a few above, he details exactly why the affiliate links are there, why they cant be changed, and that they all lead to his account and why.

if anything this would be a good test case to see if such an allowance could/would be abused by others with similar postings.

i wouldnt be purchasing from the links while its possible others would. but i want to see the list in any case.

(is there an existing list for pv’s?)

I just found this thread today but wow, I love the idea of this.

When I first got into solar, I was hoping there would be some kind of price aggregator type tool (such as what PCPartPicker does for PC components).

I was actually a little surprised Will didn't have one on his site when I first found it.

I just found this thread today but wow, I love the idea of this.

When I first got into solar, I was hoping there would be some kind of price aggregator type tool (such as what PCPartPicker does for PC components).

I was actually a little surprised Will didn't have one on his site when I first found it.
Most solar equipment I do not recommend. And many products that are low in quality usually fail and are removed from the market. So my recommendations are pretty simple these days.

Even with the low quality Chinese batteries. Litime is supplying everyone else these days, so one recommendation is all I need. That said, I still like the powerurus line up. But most of these packs are just relabeled. And if someone is having a really good sale, its because the business will not be around much longer.

All right, I made a post in general. If I need to be more clear in the disclosures or make any edit to the post please let me know:

Thanks everyon. It's extremely rare to find places online where you can still have a civil, thoughtful conversation among people who don't agree about everything. I'm feeling really good about joining this community.

All right, I made a post in general. If I need to be more clear in the disclosures or make any edit to the post please let me know:

Thanks everyon. It's extremely rare to find places online where you can still have a civil, thoughtful conversation among people who don't agree about everything. I'm feeling really good about joining this community.
Looks good!!

And yes, can be hard to find that on the internet these days. We love to help each other build offgrid systems and whatever is best for the community is what will win in the end of the day. I love it! I always try to keep and open mind to any input the members have. You can always message me if you think something is wrong, unfair or needs to be improved, and I will find a way!

Back