Battery charging at 50% not 20% EG4 3000

sjordan0228

Hey everyone,

Specs:
Eg4 3000EHV
EG4 Lifepower4 battery
Solar not connected yet
AC In connected

Finally got around to mounting, and wiring my shed this week. LifePower4 battery is hooked up to Eg4 3000EHV. AC in is hooked up and I have AC out going to a a Power Panel. Everything seems to be working. The Battery is also connected to the Inverters RS485 BMS port. I do have a L1i indicator on the inverter. All dip switches are pointed down on the battery.

I want my battery to start charging at 20% but it appears to ignore this setting and utility charges the battery. Currently the battery is at 77% and its charging from utility.

Here are my settings:
Program 43 (Setting SOC pointback to utility): 20%
Program 44 (Setting SOC pointback to battery): 95%
Program 45 (Low DC cutoff SOC): 15%

What am I missing here? I am a newbie so go easy on me :)

Cool, so you've got why it's doing what it's currently doing, figured out. It's under 95%.

Now you gotta figure out how to make it do what you want it to do.

I want my battery to start charging at 20% but it appears to ignore this setting and utility charges the battery.
So based on this im inferring that once your solar IS hooked up, you don't want to use utility power to charge the battery UNLESS the battery has fallen to 20%. As it is, if you hooked up your solar it would STILL be charging from utility because you have #16 set to SNU. However much solar power you had would subtract from the amount used from utility, but unless you had enough solar to max out your charge current based on setting #2 or whatever the BMS is requesting (whichever is lower), you would still use some utility power with the current setting.

If you want it to charge ONLY from solar UNLESS battery drops to 20%, you would change #16 to CSO aka 'solar first'. So even if you had more loads than you had solar, the inverter would not use grid power until battery drained to 20% and THEN utility would charge it back up to 95%.

Last edited:
Cool, so you've got why it's doing what it's currently doing, figured out. It's under 95%.

Now you gotta figure out how to make it do what you want it to do.

So based on this im inferring that once your solar IS hooked up, you don't want to use utility power to charge the battery UNLESS the battery has fallen to 20%. As it is, if you hooked up your solar it would STILL be charging from utility because you have #16 set to SNU. However much solar power you had would subtract from the amount used from utility, but unless you had enough solar to max out your charge current based on setting #2 or whatever the BMS is requesting (whichever is lower), you would still use some utility power with the current setting.

If you want it to charge ONLY from solar UNLESS battery drops to 20%, you would change #16 to CSO aka 'solar first'. So even if you had more loads than you had solar, the inverter would not use grid power until battery drained to 20% and THEN utility would charge it back up to 95%.
Thank you so much. Been very helpful. This first setup is mainly for testing and learning. Next year I hope to go full on with the house

Back