diy solar

diy solar

Battery Charging

johnch121

On a solis inverter is it possiable to limit how much the battery is charged by solar? So if you are getting say 2kw of solar energy can you send 1kw to the grid and 1kw to the battery? disregarding the amount being used by the house. I have it set to charge during the night at 28a which never causes any issues but if I turn it up I always get OV-Vbatt-H and this is what is happening when it is charging from solar at a higher rate. Or is it possiable to set it not to charge the battery from solar energy? Thank you

Last edited:
There is an option to limit solar charging current. You can easily use that to limit charging current to say, 20 Amps for ~1kW for 48V systems.

There is an option to limit solar charging current. You can easily use that to limit charging current to say, 20 Amps for ~1kW for 48V systems.
can you please tell me where that setting is? I all ready have it set to charge from a certain time at 28a but I don't know how to do it when it is charging from solar. Thank you

can you please tell me where that setting is? I all ready have it set to charge from a certain time at 28a but I don't know how to do it when it is charging from solar. Thank you
The one I'm thinking of is under Advanced Settings -> Storage Energy Set -> Control Parameter -> Charge Limitation. The default is 0.0A (no limit). It is a "master" charge setting and will limit both charge from PV and grid.

The one I'm thinking of is under Advanced Settings -> Storage Energy Set -> Control Parameter -> Charge Limitation. The default is 0.0A (no limit). It is a "master" charge setting and will limit both charge from PV and grid.
Thank you I did try and change the setting but for some reason after selecting save it goes back to 60.4a, I haven't a clue why it isn't saving the change

Thank you I did try and change the setting but for some reason after selecting save it goes back to 60.4a, I haven't a clue why it isn't saving the change
Perhaps it's taking that value from the BMS in the batteries and overriding your entry. I haven't looked in detail at that setting.

I know there is a limit that can be set in the inverter, but I'm not sure if it's available through the usual menus. I poke registers directly with software.

Perhaps it's taking that value from the BMS in the batteries and overriding your entry. I haven't looked in detail at that setting.

I know there is a limit that can be set in the inverter, but I'm not sure if it's available through the usual menus. I poke registers directly with software.
I done it now thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I have a user defined battery so i changed the to 29a and now it will let me change the Charge Limitation to 29a. Thank you very much for your help

Back