diy solar

diy solar

Battery recommendations for 1500W off-grid remote power system.

Squanchy

I have a trailer parked in a remote location with 4x 365W panels charging a 1200aH battery bank. This constantly powers a 12V, 70W device. I am currently using a DEKA 108ah gel battery. Due to pricing, I was considering moving to a 100ah Renogy AGM. The batteries are stored in a vented, metal enclosure inside an unheated trailer. Vermont winters often get below freezing for significant periods of time. Does anyone have experience with Renogy AGMs in cold weather? Or know of a brand that performs well in these conditions? With some insulation in the enclosure, will the batteries still be able to charge at below freezing temperatures? Thanks.

I have a trailer parked in a remote location with 4x 365W panels charging a 1200aH battery bank. This constantly powers a 12V, 70W device. I am currently using a DEKA 108ah gel battery. Due to pricing, I was considering moving to a 100ah Renogy AGM. The batteries are stored in a vented, metal enclosure inside an unheated trailer. Vermont winters often get below freezing for significant periods of time. Does anyone have experience with Renogy AGMs in cold weather? Or know of a brand that performs well in these conditions? With some insulation in the enclosure, will the batteries still be able to charge at below freezing

Last edited:
I have a trailer parked in a remote location with 4x 365W panels charging a 1200aH battery bank. This constantly powers a 12V, 70W device. I am currently using a DEKA 108ah gel battery. Due to pricing, I was considering moving to a 100ah Renogy AGM. The batteries are stored in a vented, metal enclosure inside an unheated trailer. Vermont winters often get below freezing for significant periods of time. Does anyone have experience with Renogy AGMs in cold weather? Or know of a brand that performs well in these conditions? With some insulation in the enclosure, will the batteries still be able to charge at below freezing temperatures? Thanks.
For AGM, i have been using Full River batteries. I have a few people using the L-16s 400ah, Zero issues in our michigan winters. They perform well in the cold. Batterydude.com has free shipping on those right now.

Aims also has a line of AGM. The inverter store has a sale going on right now. The 100ah are $179.

Back