diy solar

diy solar

Battery Storage Temps

PaulLad

Am I understanding correctly that I need to store my LI batts in a conditioned space? I travel a lot and live in Georgia so it sounds like if I just leave the batteries in a hot house, they will degrade much faster. Is this true? Thanks!

as per the spec sheet of EVE cells Lithium phosphate batteries can be stored for up to one month at temperatures between -4F and 113 F and up to a year between 32 F and 95 F. See if you can find a spec sheet for your batteries.

as per the spec sheet of EVE cells Lithium phosphate batteries can be stored for up to one month at temperatures between -4F and 113 F and up to a year between 32 F and 95 F. See if you can find a spec sheet for your batteries.

Does this mean "without any degradation"?

With this being said, I came across this for Lith batts, sourced from Here. I was considering buying This if I can find one available and place it somewhere in a MB Sprinter van's engine bay if I found room. Does anyone know if that's a bad Idea? Is there anything I should consider or avoid?
Not sure if I am reading the below correctly, but it sure sounds like lithium batts should be placed in colder environments.

Temperature
40% charge
100% charge
Table 3: Estimated recoverable capacity when storing Li-ion for one year at various temperatures. Elevated temperature hastens permanent capacity loss. Not all Li-ion systems behave the same.
0°C (32F)98% (after 1 year)94% (after 1 year)
25°C (77F)96% (after 1 year)80% (after 1 year)
40°C (104F)85% (after 1 year)65% (after 1 year)
60°C (140F)75% (after 1 year)60%
(after 3 months)

Back