diy solar

diy solar

li Time battery damage?

Sportzfann

Can you damage the lifPo batteries by charging to often? I have 2x200AH Li time batts.
reason I ask is I installed a Victron multiplus 2x120 in my trailer and the AC power pass thru function only works while in charge mode, if I’m parked and connected to shore power the charger will be running the whole time I’m parked this could be a week or more. I suppose this is the same as a lead acid battery charger in the factory charger. I was hoping this victron could be bypassed completely when shore power is available.
I didn’t see this discussion in other threads, just looking for answer, Thanks ?

Continuous charging should not necessarily harm the LiFePO4 batteries if the charger is designed to work with these batteries and adheres to their recommended charging profiles.

Victron multiplus 2x120 in my trailer and the AC power pass thru function only works while in charge mode, if I’m parked and connected to shore power the charger will be running the whole time I’m parked this could be a week or more
The Victron charge profile is 4 stage and the maintaining default voltage is below lithium resting volts so can be safely in charge mode for long periods. Once its achieved bulk, absorbtion and float, it enters the maintaining stage. If necessary the charge profile can be user modified.

The Victron charge profile is 4 stage and the maintaining default voltage is below lithium resting volts so can be safely in charge mode for long periods. Once its achieved bulk, absorbtion and float, it enters the maintaining stage. If necessary the charge profile can be user modified.
Okay Great, I ordered the MK 3 interface so I can adjust the charge voltage for my LI time batts. I only have the Bluetooth dongle at this point.
I have just installed the Multiplus and I read the victron default settings are for a agm battery, and was worried I could damage the batteries by charging in the wrong setting. Just being cautious this equipment is expensive if you make a mistake!
Thanks for the reply’s! ?

Continuous charging should not necessarily harm the LiFePO4 batteries if the charger is designed to work with these batteries and adheres to their recommended charging profiles.
Chris graham, I was concerned about charging my lifpo battery on the default Victron setting's, which aren’t set for lifpo batteries.
i read the Victron manual and ordered the MK3 interface so i can change the settings but for now it’s on the default setting, guess I’m over cautious about damaging the battery by charging before the proper settings, are set. Thanks ?

Back