diy solar

diy solar

Battle Born Victorious

On some chargers, they go into a sort of standby mode after xx hrs to prevent issues in case something goes wrong.

I am not sure if it is the right thing to do or not, but after a day or so on a charger, I will unplug the charger, let things setting for a few hours - and plug it back in. Seems to help on my charger.
They haven't been on the charger since the point where all were holding at 14.6 individually. I just simply tie three at a time in parallel and let them rest. I have multiple pages of "logs" taped to each battery to record their SOC each day.

They haven't been on the charger since the point where all were holding at 14.6 individually. I just simply tie three at a time in parallel and let them rest. I have multiple pages of "logs" taped to each battery to record their SOC each day.

I have never seen one rise in voltage by itself not on a charger. It could be normal but I just have not seen it.

It might make sense to put that one in a sand box and ask BB what this means if you believe that the number is real.

I don't know the exact details of how their BMS works on a cell voltage basis. Probably I should read more about that detail. I have only relied on the balancing to happen on the charger. Would love to see your voltage plots sometime if it is not too much work for you.

I am very confident in my ability to do comparative measurements - that two batteries are "the same" to within 0.1 volts and even perhaps +/- 0.01 or 0.02 volts right next to each other.

I am not sure if I trust my technique and meter to be that good day to day - it might be - I am not sure.

The rising voltage is unsettling but I am not an expert.

Last edited:
I have never seen one rise in voltage by itself not on a charger. It could be normal but I just have not seen it.

It might make sense to put that one in a sand box and ask BB what this means if you believe that the number is real.

I don't know the exact details of how their BMS works on a cell voltage basis. Probably I should read more about that detail. I have only relied on the balancing to happen on the charger. Would love to see your voltage plots sometime if it is not too much work for you.

I am very confident in my ability to do comparative measurements - that two batteries are "the same" to within 0.1 volts and even perhaps +/- 0.01 or 0.02 volts right next to each other.

I am not sure if I trust my technique and meter to be that good day to day - it might be - I am not sure.

The rising voltage is unsettling but I am not an expert.
I took the last three that were not evenly balanced,13.7, 13.6 and 14.1 and paralleled them and got 13.8. Connected a 10 amp 12v pump for one minute on diagonal poles and voltage went to 13.9 so I'm gonna leave them connected for a day.
My logs are just scribbled values thru the days for each battery, nothing worthwhile sharing as only I understand what I wrote.

Back