diy solar

diy solar

Best all in one and panels for my van? MPP 3024MSXE

basics

Hi! First time poster and solar noobie here so please go easy on me. I'm fitting out a 2012 LWB Sprinter van (170" Wheelbase non extended). I'm in the UK so 230v.

I'm slowly acquiring the kit. So far I have:
8x Eve 280ah grade b prismatic cells
Jk bms 8s 200a, going to go 24V
1 ton or 12000 btu mini split / heat pump pre charged / DIY

Will be spending some summer time in southern Europe so need it just for the ac on hot days and over night so we can actually sleep in the heat ?.

Of course going to have:
diesel heater
dc compressor fridge
induction cooking( with small gas camp stove as back up)
and all the other fun 12/ 24 volt stuff like lights device chargers air max fan etc.
For a dc dc charger I'm thinking victron 24/12-20.

I've been looking at panels, mppt, inverter, ac charger , and dc dc chargers. Came across the all in ones. I think the MPP 3024MSXE fits my needs well. 24v, 230v ac. Mppt 30-115v range, max 145v.

With a roof vent on the roof, I think I can fit about 800w of panels.

Panels could be either 4 x 200w Renogy
Or a cheaper option,
2 x 200w renogy And 1 longi 425w panel
Wired in series for a max voltage of 86v. I think there is allowance for colder temperature voltage increase, but happy to be corrected.

I think this is a good fit and isn't pushing the mppt too far.

With mppt having a low end range of 30v I'm hoping that that should help charge at lower light levels like cloudy days and winter days etc.

Is there any alternatives that anyone might suggest or any issues I might have that I've not though of?

If you need panel info let me know and I can post specs if they're needed.

Thanks

Panels could be either 4 x 200w
I’d probably pick from Will’s site Rich or Windy Nation panels and use all 4 the same not 2+oddball. 2S3P, but I’d see if you couldn’t put six up somehow…
compressor fridge
induction cooking( with small gas camp stove as back up)
…because you might need it.

Thanks buy I'm in the UK so most things available there aren't here. I've revaluate my roof space and now going with 2 x 425w Longi.

And yeah I might need it!

Back