diy solar

diy solar

Best cheap LifePo battery brand name

JBennettBus

It seems there are about a jillion (1 x 10^j) LiFePo battery brands out there these days, and there are some unusual brand names.

My current favorite is Enjoybot, because it makes me GOL (giggle out loud) every time I see it.

Check out the Lisuateli on Amazon. Cold weather protection, and lots of good reviews.
I searched but don't see that Will Prowse has done a teardown on this battery. Has someone else?

Also it has $40 shipping and only 5 year warranty.

For that money, I'd rather go for the Weize brand, that Will has torn it down and gave a thumbs-up since build quality is good and he tested the low-temp cutoff does work. Currently $259, free shipping, 10-year warranty, so actually cheaper than Lisuateli.

Though I expect that ANY of these ultra-cheap LiFePO4 batteries warranties are either suspect or difficult to get support from. I have heard neither good or bad things about warranty support for Weize, so it's still a buyer beware situation.

I searched but don't see that Will Prowse has done a teardown on this battery. Has someone else?

Also it has $40 shipping and only 5 year warranty.

For that money, I'd rather go for the Weize brand, that Will has torn it down and gave a thumbs-up since build quality is good and he tested the low-temp cutoff does work. Currently $259, free shipping, 10-year warranty, so actually cheaper than Lisuateli.

Though I expect that ANY of these ultra-cheap LiFePO4 batteries warranties are either suspect or difficult to get support from. I have heard neither good or bad things about warranty support for Weize, so it's still a buyer beware situation.

Who knows? I have tested the low temperature protection on the Lisuateli, and it works.

Who knows? I have tested the low temperature protection on the Lisuateli, and it works.
Ok, that's good to know. Seems like most of these cheap LiFePO4 batteries either don't have low temp protection at all or say they have it and it doesn't work.

Check out the Lisuateli on Amazon. Cold weather protection, and lots of good reviews.

Ummmm, we’re in the Humor section and the question is about best name.

Personally, I think it’s the Shun Bin battery, which should be shunned, or tossed in the Bin according to the terrible ordeal @Steve_S went through with it.

Last edited:

Personally, I think it’s the Shun Bin battery, which should be shunned, or tossed in the Bin according to the terrible ordeal @Steve_S went through with it.
I tore that ShunBin 24V/400AH (was 348AH in actual fact with used EV 174AH cells) and turned them into 2x 24V/174AH packs which actually work quite well and balance out really nicely. IF I had bought the cells, bms and DIY'ed it would have cost me a lot less... Le$$on$ learned and passed forward...
BTW: They are still flogging their wares on Amazon & EBay flushing bad reviews by canceling the listings and then making new listings...

NuPoo4U
seems that they like to use the words they think fit, but if English isn’t your first language… LOL
To be fair, we'd probably have the same problem naming brands for the Chinese market. I can imagine Chinese customers laughing about our choices. Didn't the same thing happen with the Chevy Nova in Spanish-speaking markets? It came across as the Chevy Nogo or something like that.

Maybe the OP should have been more careful with his wording. Whatta noob!

Shunbin is pretty good too. Not a name that inspires confidence.

Just in case someone believed that they use these funky names because they have an English translation problem, that is just not the case most of the time.
The reason they do it is because many names that would sound fitting for the product are already Trademarked or if they find a good one they know that if they use it they will have to Trademark it or else someone else will.

In some cases they basically don't want to spend the time and money so they deliberately use a crap name because in their eyes Price and Specifications are the main things that sell products.
Amazon is full of product names like TOJYXSY or Chtootcy. Literally random characters so that they don't infringe on anyone's existing Trademark and if the company needs to Trademark it, they are so dumb sounding that the chances that anyone else already has the Trademark is slim to none.

BTW the smarter names like Enjoybot are Trademarked.
There are many free Trademark search engines online.

I went through this problem back in 2000 and this was before the real internet age. We picked out cool sounding names and submitted them to the lawyer and then got back a notification in a few days that the names were already taken. We did this three times with the same result until I decided to just create a random word and spelled it oddly. An eg like Techatran.
That went through just fine and we moved on to getting the Labeling and packaging done.

Last edited:
Just in case someone believed that they use these funky names because they have an English translation problem, it's just not the case most of the time.

Thanks for an interesting explanation. It makes sense. With a global economy and millions of products, finding a good brand name can't be easy. In some cases, I suppose the strange-sounding names might actually be an advantage since they're memorable.

DIY FTW.

Failing that, the ONLY two I would even remotely consider are:
SOK
Battleborn

You'll thank me later.

And don’t forget about Redodo !

In my mind it sounds like Re - Dodo

Thinking more of the dodo bird but I suppose it could be pronounced doo doo ?

Last edited:
Back