diy solar

diy solar

Best Chinese battery company???

mrch22

Greetings, I am new to the page and I need help to know which Chinese Powerwall
company is the most recommended and reliable to buy a battery for my solar system, which is Lifepo4, I have searched in Chinese pages but there are so many brands that I do not know which one to choose be good... with the exception of one called Felicity Solar and another called Meritsun, I await answers from you, thanks

The best Chinese battery company is the one I purchased cells from two years ago. Although since then Docan has opened a warehouse in the US and that may have changed the dynamics. I made the decision to go with EVE LF280 cells but there are other choices in that size range. CATL and CALB are well regarded.
When I was new to this in 2020 I read every post on this forum about every and decided on a seller. I was not disappointed. Things have changed and shipping times have gotten longer and more uncertain since then.

The best Chinese battery company is the one I purchased cells from two years ago. Although since then Docan has opened a warehouse in the US and that may have changed the dynamics. I made the decision to go with EVE LF280 cells but there are other choices in that size range. CATL and CALB are well regarded.
When I was new to this in 2020 I read every post on this forum about every and decided on a seller. I was not disappointed. Things have changed and shipping times have gotten longer and more uncertain since then.
Thank you for responding, it would be nice if there was a comparison list of the best-known companies, however, Docan did not know that company, thanks for your recommendation

If you go with docan. Get in contact with Jenny wu. She’s the best. I just bought from her. Waiting shipment.

Docan did not know that company,
Are you saying DOCAN did not know EVE LF280 cells?

Are you saying DOCAN did not know EVE LF280 cells?
I meant that I had no knowledge of the existence of the company, now is one of my options, thanks

If you go with docan. Get in contact with Jenny wu. She’s the best. I just bought from her. Waiting shipment.
But looking at the Docan website, they do not offer a "Powerwall". The do offer 1 - 12 volt 100 Ah battery pack from what I could see.

In my dealings with Felicity, they out and out lied to me. Meritsun seems unknown here until just recently and it looks to me that their products look exactly the same as everyone else's and their website stock shots and copyrighting also boast how great they are but they provide no proof.

I bought 2 products from GSL and it was a horrible horrible stressful idiotic process and would have taken months longer than I was told if I had not finally started to chase them down to live up to their bullshit. When one battery shut down, their tech support was 100% useless. They asked lots of questions, asked for photos and video, both of which I provided, then they claimed that they could not view the photos or the videos, despite my sending them in 3 ways, in an email, via a secure link for download, via a link in an email to another cloud storage for download. The problem was never resolved by them and they stopped communication, which they did also after the sale, and after the shipping which was so botched up despite my warning, that it boggled the mine of the stupidity and carelessness. Their website and Alibaba website is full of errors and wrong prices and sadly, these Chinese sellers insist on everything goin through a single salesman, even tech support and it is a horrible frustrating process if you get a useless salesman that only knows how or how to try to sell.

I had contacted other sellers, but they either didn't communicate or finally admitted to being B cell resellers in a fancy box, despite their website hype.

Maybe stick with EG4 or SOK or the very overpriced USA battery builders like BattleBorn, though they may not make all in one "power walls", which has it's pros and cons.

If your all in one power wall has a problem, getting tech support and warranty replacement could be a nightmare and sending it back for service could be expensive too. The BS from the Chinese salesman will try to convince you of an only wonderful no hassle experience but they provided me with zero evidence or proof of the process or experience of others. They skip the question and ignore you or talk about something else or just say, "Don't Worry, Don't Worry".

I'd do my research on pros and cons of power walls. I wonder if they are even there yet and no one knows how reliable they will be long term? I would seriously avoid a Chinese power wall unless you can afford the risk and know more than I did starting out.

Greetings, I am new to the page and I need help to know which Chinese Powerwall
company is the most recommended and reliable to buy a battery for my solar system, which is Lifepo4, I have searched in Chinese pages but there are so many brands that I do not know which one to choose be good... with the exception of one called Felicity Solar and another called Meritsun, I await answers from you, thanks
If you are asking about pre-built batteries, there are several options. SOK, EG4, etc.

https://youtu.be/6DdmrxKR804

https://youtu.be/mP6bO4Tb02w

Anyway, you get the idea, just search. Google is your friend.

My bad. Yeah they are diy build it yourself deals. They are about 1/3 of the prices of server rack batteries.
Signature solar eg4 is the hot one right now then.

Where are you? In the US?

Amy at Docan handled my order for me. Once payment made shipped in two days with FedEx from US warehouse. Rec'd in less than a week.

DIY 12v 280ah LiFePo4 w/200a BMS for under $800 in less than 2 weeks. Great, reliable, fast service.

Where are you? In the US?

Amy at Docan handled my order for me. Once payment made shipped in two days with FedEx from US warehouse. Rec'd in less than a week.

DIY 12v 280ah LiFePo4 w/200a BMS for under $800 in less than 2 weeks. Great, reliable, fast service.
Some like Docan, some don't.

Clarity:
A "PowerWall" which is TM to Tesla BTW ! is not just a Battery Pack but also has a boat load more in it than just Batteries & a Battery Management System, so the Cost Reflects that.

AC or DC Battery Coupled Systems use Modular Battery Pack assemblies which are available in several formats and cost quite a bit less BUT Require an Inverter/Charger & Solar Controller. These can be in the form of an AIO (All In One) or modular components which offer the flexibility for your specific system needs & requirements.

DIY Battery Packs are a Collection of Cells with BMS (Battery Management System) which you have to assemble and get right. Most everyone FAILS TO MENTION that this requires a minimum set of tools & equipment such as accurate Digital Multi-Meters which can add considerable extra $ for better grade equipment. Lithium Based Batteries (ALL FORMS) are milliohm & millivolt sensitive therefore High Accuracy is a MUST.

Have a LOOK here for comparisons of the more common "GOOD to High End" Battery packs and that will help enlighten you, do not just SKIM but read the details. https://www.cleanenergyreviews.info/battery-storage-comparison-chart

Lastly, the Server (Telecom) rack-mountable are typically limited to 100AH with few capable of 200AH. This is primarily due to Weight Issues as racking can only support so much.
A 48V requires 16 LFP cells to make one "battery". A 24V Battery requires 8 LFP Cells to make one "battery".
1x 105AH cell weighs 2kg/4.4lbs. 16 pcs = 32kg/70.5 Lbs.
1x 304AH cell weighs 5.6kg/12.3 Lbs. 16 pcs = 89.6kg/197.5 Lbs.

Hope it helps Good Luck.

PS: A Battery = a # Cells, a BMS & Case.
A Battery Bank is a set of "Complete Batteries" set into Parallel sharing a common DC Bus. This can be 2 to 10 Batteries or more if you are brave enough.

"Powerwall" means that what you need is actually a prefab battery (also known as an OTS battery)? That "battery core" doesn't seem to be in your consideration. But actually, a DIY battery might be better because it's fully customizable, it's cheaper, and there are plenty of experts on the forums who can help you.

I prepped this a while ago and DZL Posted it as a resource.
How to build your own DIY Battery, lots of info in it.

Luyuan Tech Basic Lifepo4 Guide V1.0A​

Hey, Brother.
DIY solar forum discussions are all related to DIY solar battery cells. The "Powerwall" you are consulting also belongs to solar battery, but it is generally called home battery, you can search: Sonnen, Tesla Powerwall and Felicity Solar.

If you are asking about pre-built batteries, there are several options. SOK, EG4, etc.

https://youtu.be/6DdmrxKR804

https://youtu.be/mP6bO4Tb02w

Anyway, you get the idea, just search. Google is your friend.
Humm... what is common here... Will Prowse and his monitizing all the links below the videos??.....Sounds a little biased.. But Will is the fourm God. Let him have his fun and profit. It seems Everyone is out to make a buck.

Humm... what is common here... Will Prowse and his monitizing all the links below the videos??.....Sounds a little biased.. But Will is the fourm God. Let him have his fun and profit. It seems Everyone is out to make a buck.
Hmm, I see you posted links to lots of reviews that aren't monetized.

FYI, lithium solar is not Will Prowse.

It's always sad to hear people complain about those who do something, while they do nothing.
Nothing is stopping you from spending a whole day making a YouTube video and editing it.
If you think Gobs of money are in it for you then why not make some videos?

This forum doesn’t have any monitization links allowed.

Do videos have monetized links in them? Sure… Will doesn’t pander to the corporations, he gives pure reviews, not adverts for the product…
Usually, his links are for support of the DIY community.

Back