diy solar

diy solar

Best LIFEPO4 AC to DC Fast charger

wildSolar

Hello,

I have two Wullis 200AH 24v in parrallel for a grand total of 400AH in my RV.

I am really not happy with the victron AC to DC charger; I would like to find a fast charger when connected to grid.

I have found the following on aliexpress and would love to have some feedback or other recommendations.

they are all rated to about 50A for my voltage range

Thank you so much

Just add more victrons or whatever. They add up. If you use 2 25 amp chargers you get a 50 amp charger. Its actually safer and full proof since if one fails it will still charge just not as fast.
I really don't like victron; the interface is horrible and it does not charge on demand; the algorithm is just bad. I would like an alternative. and the price and I don't have space to add multiple...

A quick Google search didn't really turn up much for me.
Victron might be the best option. Unless you can find a cheap 24v AIO with a high amp AC charger.

The ip22 of victron (its what I have) charges anyway you want it to. On demand and automatic. I have mine set right now to charge when the battery reaches 38% left of a 200ah battery bank. Otherwise it doesn't do anything. I'm not familiar with their other chargers.

I'd be careful with a really cheap charger in an rv if it was me. They are not exactly a very fire resistant environment.

The ip22 of victron (its what I have) charges anyway you want it to. On demand and automatic. I have mine set right now to charge when the battery reaches 38% left of a 200ah battery bank. Otherwise it doesn't do anything. I'm not familiar with their other chargers.

I'd be careful with a really cheap charger in an rv if it was me. They are not exactly a very fire resistant environment.
well It does not work for me; right now the battery is charging but ip22 is not delivering any current; it is set on normal at 28,8v fully charged. same at night; it never charges. monitoring history in the last 30 hours it only delivered 22a of current.
Right now I have a small charger on top of my mppt and batteries are still absorbing 10a while ip22 stays still when it should be delivering current; there is not even a lifepo4 setting.... I also tried custom and advanced; no parameter is working for me. that thing is just not good.
IMG_4371.PNG

To get it to keep the power levels high all the time
Got to Settings
(I go into advanced and then expert battery mode for all of my settings so I'm not sure whats there
if you don't go into advanced and then expert)
Set absorption to 28.8
Set Float to 26.8

To make it recharge automatically when it actually needs to in place of holding it high do the following.
Go to Settings
Set absorption to 28.8
Set Float to disabled
Set Storage to 26.02
Set Bulk time to 8 hours
Set Rebulk method to constant current
Set Rebulk voltage offset to .01
Set Rebulk current to .4
Set absorption duration to adaptive
Tail current disabled

Also you have to set rebulk voltage offset AFTER you have set all of the other stuff to get it work right. You don't have to change it again but you have to go in there and click ok on it.

And once it's setup save that as a new profile so you can easily access it in the future (it's saved in the Victron Connect app).

On the chargers you linked that first one looked good reviews wise. Didn't seem like fake ones from what I could tell and the specs seem to fit what you want.

To get it to keep the power levels high all the time
Got to Settings
(I go into advanced and then expert battery mode for all of my settings so I'm not sure whats there
if you don't go into advanced and then expert)
Set absorption to 28.8
Set Float to 26.8

To make it recharge automatically when it actually needs to in place of holding it high do the following.
Go to Settings
Set absorption to 28.8
Set Float to disabled
Set Storage to 26.02
Set Bulk time to 8 hours
Set Rebulk method to constant current
Set Rebulk voltage offset to .01
Set Rebulk current to .4
Set absorption duration to adaptive
Tail current disabled
I have done everything you said (also set rebulk voltage after) and still showing 0A so same as before

Back