diy solar

diy solar

Bigbattery 24v A123

Crowebar

I just received 2 Bigbattery 24v A123's with absolutely no paperwork (no manual, no data sheet, nothing) On top of that they came and they are not even what is shown on their website. Their website shows a breaker and the ones I got have a light up push button on/off. (though probably minute, that is extra power draw and probably more sub par china junk to break) So I am not happy anyone else have any issues with them?

If you do a search for Bigbattery you will probably find quite a few.

I just received 2 Bigbattery 24v A123's with absolutely no paperwork (no manual, no data sheet, nothing) On top of that they came and they are not even what is shown on their website. Their website shows a breaker and the ones I got have a light up push button on/off. (though probably minute, that is extra power draw and probably more sub par china junk to break) So I am not happy anyone else have any issues with them?
Hey Crowebar, I received same thing. Not the version I ordered. I wanted the one that was in the picture, and instead I got their “New” version that is in towers configuration with the power button and no breaker. No paperwork or even an invoice. I ordered this one back in first week of December. To add insult to injury, my case components are not even the same color.

3DE12067-DF1B-41DF-A53B-01D28E3B2B08.jpeg

Looks like they had time to make a YouTube video of the change but not update customers who already paid for their order up front that we would not get what we paid for.

MADMOLE, I have the exact same story minus the color difference. (That’s a real kick in the...) have you had any luck contacting them?

MADMOLE, I have the exact same story minus the color difference. (That’s a real kick in the...) have you had any luck contacting them?
Just opened the box this evening - so sent them an email with photos. Will try and call them tomorrow. Will keep you updated. Also, mine had a cover screw broken off of the fuse compartment.

6B41B758-92A1-4E22-BB9A-737EA6152B77.jpeg

Bait & Switch still Alive & Well obviously.
Does any of it fall into the "Mail Fraud" arena ?
Possibly, but would require getting a Lawyer and we ALL know where that ends up, everyone unhappy and the lawyer fattening their wallets while creating misery.

Yet Will keeps Lovin on them but then he keeps Lovin on Renogy too...
Accept such recommendations with a COW LICKS worth of salt and use Due Diligence and search the forum BEFORE BUYING to see such experiences & reviews and let THAT guide the purchases.

Sure many folks like their "Renogy" gear but those unhappy & disgusted with them number far higher.

I am not going to get down on Will. As I recall he has gone after bigbattery several times in defense of forum buyers, but he should not have to.

I always suggest to search the forum and look around to see what everyone else is using. It's simple. Will doesn't have the time to review everything that's out there and there are products members have used and are perfectly happy with Will has not reviewed.

I reached out to BB today. They did not answer my email or pick up the phone, but I did get through surprisingly on the live chat. The customer service rep said that they had sent update emails out about the design change ahead of shipping. I searched my inbox and spam folders and found no such notice. I asked if it was BB policy to send mismatched case color components and the rep said it was an early design aesthetic choice for first batch of the new design (lucky me). Am presently trying to negotiate a swap for a matched case color design. I’d like to upgrade to the 8s6p version at same time but they won’t honor the free shipping that I had on my original order. Honestly, I would be less upset by the design change if the thing were at least all one color. It looks like it just got cobbled together from scrap pieces and I don’t have much confidence that it was not some sort of demo unit or test mule.

I am not going to get down on Will. As I recall he has gone after bigbattery several times in defense of forum buyers, but he should not have to.

I always suggest to search the forum and look around to see what everyone else is using. It's simple. Will doesn't have the time to review everything that's out there and there are products members have used and are perfectly happy with Will has not reviewed.
Oh please, I'm not bashing on will, hope it's not taken as such... He certainly has gone to batt and held them to account.

But RULE OF THREE Applied. 3 strikes, your out.
Bait & Switch = LIE = Auto 3 in my book.
How many times does anyone have to be lied to before they stop believing ? BB has had more than 3 strikes...

Funny thing about Rule of 3, people use it all the time without realizing it. 3 strikes you're out, 3rd time is a charm, do it in triplicate, and so on & on... Using it "consciously" in many situations can save a heap load of frustration, stress and issues and make life considerably calmer.

I regrettably admit that I bought them off of Will’s endorsement alone. I was planning on going the diy route and wish I would have stayed the course. I just hope the used SanTan panels he endorses are not as much of a disappointment!

FYI, I’m sending mine back next week. They are going to pay for the return shipping on account of the case being mismatched and that it’s not the configuration I originally ordered. I may be throwing good money after bad, but I’m also going to pay the difference and upgrade to the 8s6p version for 3Kwh. Will post another update once I finally receive the new battery.

If you had purchased your battery from BattleBorn you would not be having these issues.
But then again you would have paid a lot more $.
I just got my two 24v 170ah batteries from big battery.
They were not perfect. One of them is missing a screw on the case.
I called to complain.
They are sending me the screw.
Free shipping.
When i priced these batteries out. The price came darn close to what i would have to pay for a DIY battery kit.
So i went the big battery route.
My other complaint about these batteries is that on both of them the bottom of the case is scuffed up a bit.

So far I can’t complain about the customer service at Big Battery.
Once I was able to get through on the live chat they have been very responsive. Took a few days to get the RMA and shipping label processed and emailed to me, but so far so good.
I looked at the DIY route too, but I like the Big Battery warranty, and I hope to do business with them in future as I expand my little workshop system.

I also have to say that once I got ahold of someone at big battery they have won back some trust with offering to take the batteries back and pay shipping. They have not produced any manual but the guts are the same as the previous model so I at least have the charge controller settings and specs.

Update: I’m still waiting on my replacement. I did get an email that said they were going to have to special build me one with matching case components as the present batch is all made with the mismatched color case pieces. Not sure who thinks that is a good look, but I’d guess it’s a cost savings measure to reuse or repurpose components. Just a watch out to others that you can likely expect a Frankencase like mine pictured above.

Hi team, just wanted to let you know that I did receive my replacement battery today. It took a while, but BigBattery really did make everything right. I could not be more pleased with the battery or the customer service once I was able to get through. I had the best luck with the IM feature on the website. I’ve got my system all hooked up now, just need the rain to clear so I can get some sun. 2BED82EF-085A-4793-8D4D-02370C2FAF82.jpeg

Back