diy solar

diy solar

Blue sea DC breaker / switch for small loads

HarryN

Solar Enthusiast
Sometimes people need a small load on / off switch breaker combo for DC systems.

Blue sea offers some that are rated for 65 volt and some for 32 volt - even though they look very similar.

Historically, he ones with white handles were rated for 65 volts, such as this 10 amp version and the very similar red handle version was only rated for 32 volts DC. It appears that they have all of them rated for 65 volts now, but I have also seen errors on their site before and have ended up with breakers that were not rated for the spec voltage.

If correct, then this could be quite useful for 48 volt systems.

Just fyi, those look same as Midnite breakers and are just relabeled Carling Technologies breakers.

Just fyi, those look same as Midnite breakers and are just relabeled Carling Technologies breakers.

Yes - absolutely correct. A few years ago they had them listed as 80 VDC rated on their web site and I bought some - but they were only 65 volt. (the white handled ones )

I also purchased some of the red handled ones and they were only rated as 32 volts. In fact just last week I looked at their web site and it was listing the white handled version as 65 volt and the red and black handled ones 32 volts.

It will be really handy for people to have access to a reasonably priced, 65 VDC breaker like that one easily purchased. I like them because the toggle switch goes through a round hole - which is a lot easier for me to make than a rectangular hole.

Back