diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti 200

Kimmerj

Where there's smoke there's fire? So I purchased a 12v 100Ah LifePo4 to charge up my Bluetti 200(I purchased this thru the Indiegogo as one of the first units. I went on the forum and was advised to get a converter to change the volts up to 48v. I've used this to recharge my unit when I've been out camping with great success. The other night I went to charge it as usual and I had just sat down when I smelled electrical smoke. Immediately jumped up and unplugged everything. There was smoke coming out of the Bluetti and now will not turn on. Of course it isn't under warranty and I have no way of knowing how to repair it or even open the case. Ideas??? I used the cables provided by Bluetti to use the DC input port and the cables provided with the converter. Bluetti customer service responded with "is it under warranty and if so, blah blah blah. HELP!!!

Not sure what you did. You hooked a lithium battery through a converter to the solar input?

I have never heard of 200.
What is the exact model? AC200 MAX? AC200P?
Were you running the AC loads while charging at the same time?
Make/model/spec of the 12V to 48V boost converter?

Yes I hooked a lithium battery to the solar input. This model was one of the first and is called just 200. It is 2000W with 1700 Wh. I have used it all summer to run a small 5000 window air conditioner that pulls around 500 watts. I use it at home during the peak hours to cool the room that I primarily work in and then set my house temp higher. When it gets depleted down I charge it with this extra battery if there isn't sun to power my panels. Like I said, it has been doing this just fine all summer. The converter I got is one that was recommended by Scott Benson on the Bluetti forum. It is 12v to 48v 15A. It doesn't say a model on it but I can look it up thru my Amazon links. I've been using both the battery and the converter for about a year. I connect the battery to the converter and then use the cable from Bluetti(has yellow plug on one end and jumper type clamps on the other end) to plug it into the solar port. I connect the jumper clamps to the output on the converter.

It was a super hot day and the AC200 had turned off because of low power. It said 0% and neither button was pushed on to draw from dc or ac.

Mine is the one that was offered on Indigo website.

Bluetti AC200 Specs
1700wh lithium battery, 2000w inverter
35-150v/Max.700W,Max12A
• AC200: LG Electric Vehicle Grade lithium battery cell (NCA)

Back