diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti ac 200 max; where can get a review?

Solardawn

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and this is my very first post. I am struggling to find a decent review anywhere on the newer model ac 200 max produced by bluetti. I understand will prowse reviewed the earlier model (ac200) and didn't rate it well at all since t had multiple issues. Ive searched the library of videos uploaded to this website and don't seem to have found a video that compares the two versions. Does anyone know of a video that thoroughly reviews the later model.

I work from home alot and lm looking to power my office equipment entirely from solar. What interests me is getting it right; i.e. getting something that will last and gaining knowledge on how to maintain that durability and max the charging power output safely. I do have questions about the above model;

1) Does the ac 200 max have an mppt charge controller built in? If not which controller spec would be required/recommended?
2) are there options in the settings menu to set upper and lower charging limits (to reduce battery plating and therefore preserve the life of the powerbank)?
3) l've seen the wires supplied with the ac 200 max in a YouTube video but didn't see a fuse connection to protect the powerbank from power surges. Is there one, or would l need to replace with new cabling and wire in a fuse myself?
4) understand that its rating to 900 watt solar input, that's no issue as 2×400 watt solar panels will not exceed that rating.
5) so does the ac 200 max actually address all of the flaws the ac 200 had? If not, what would be an alternative powerbank recommendation for an equivalent discharge watt rating?

Any help welcome

Last edited:
(1) Yes
(2) No, it has lifepo4 batteries which are less susceptible to multiple recharges.
(3) You can buy fuses with mc4 plugs attached.

Ours has been on 24 x 7 powering a full size single door fridge freezer with no issues at all. Also used for various devices in the kitchen, but not those with powerful heating element. Without charging it lasts about 25 hours with this load ,so we added a b300 battery to increase this to 2.5 days.Worth bearing in mind there is a power overhead for just being powered on, which increases when AC & DC are turned on. This is normal. Best to download the manual and have a read.

Back