diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 & AC50S

Thanks I already picked one up, but for portability I was thinking of getting an EB150. The AC200 is much heavier and might be more than I need. I'm still deciding.
There's the AC100 if you can live with a 600w inverter. I think it's going for around $800.00

So I don't misunderstand you, did you sign up early for the discount? If you did the offer and instructions for the extended warranty are at the bottom of the email you received from Bluetti prior to the launch date.

"Please give me the order number after ordering, I will extend the warranty period for you for another year."
Well my experience was quite different. I sent my email address in early June and got a reply from someone called Mike asking "what can I do for you?". I expressed my interest in getting the discount and he advised he would send me a link when it was released. So no I didn't get the warranty information. But as you said problem solved.?

Well my experience was quite different. I sent my email address in early June and got a reply from someone called Mike asking "what can I do for you?". I expressed my interest in getting the discount and he advised he would send me a link when it was released. So no I didn't get the warranty information. But as you said problem solved.?
I hear ya! I sent a few emails to Maxoak asking technical questions about 3 different units. Mike responded each time and never really answered my questions. I think "Mike" don't habla English none too good. ;) :cool:

I hear ya! I sent a few emails to Maxoak asking technical questions about 3 different units. Mike responded each time and never really answered my questions. I think "Mike" don't habla English none too good. ;) :cool:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks I already picked one up, but for portability I was thinking of getting an EB150. The AC200 is much heavier and might be more than I need. I'm still deciding.
Hey FYI! I just went to Hobotech and hit the discount link on his EB150 video. It took me to Bluetti. I put the EB150 in my cart, moved to check out, and entered the discount code "BLUETTI2019" from Hobotech. It gave me -$210.00 off for a total of $1089.99 and you get a 24 month warranty and free shipping. Hope that's a help to you. :cool:

Last edited:
Jehu's AC200 was delayed in getting to him due to damage according to Facebook posts.
Jehu was upset enough to say that he was burning his AC200 on video when it arrived as Will Prowse had posted an AC200 review before Jehu who claimed he was promised to be the first review.
Lots of dramas. haha
Hobotechs AC200 had to be replaced when it died so is that limiting his time as a planned action?
I did not like having the reviews right before you could buy but you can cancel on Indiegogo to get a refund.

No Facebook here so unaware of the drama... Hobo and Jehu's videos were embargoed until July 1st so there was an element of planning in the limited time they had to do their reviews. Will apparently made a better deal. I learned something different from each one so better late than never.

Will has known about these newer units coming since March. Id still like to know who is doing this Maxoak or poweroak. I dont think poweroak has the people to pull off this concept of marketing. Im going to guess maxoak is doing this and needed the funds to bring in a large shipment.

I am actually going to do a DIY unit that can destroy the AC200 this week for the same price. Just so people clearly understand their options.
Excellent! Please post that soon, so that I can compare it to the AC200 well before the August 23(ish) deadline for refunds from INDIEGOGO.

Excellent! Please post that soon, so that I can compare it to the AC200 well before the August 23(ish) deadline for refunds from INDIEGOGO.
You are late to the party.
Your date is on the large size, heavy and ugly plus costs twice as much as a $1000 AC200

You are late to the party.
Your date is on the large size, heavy and ugly plus costs twice as much as a $1000 AC200

Thanks for the update. I expect to use the AC200, assuming no major issues with it (none expected).

Yes I agree. I am actually going to do a DIY unit that can destroy the AC200 this week for the same price. Just so people clearly understand their options.
The AC200 deceptively claims 2500 cycles from its NMC pouch cells BUT that is to 50% capacity left.

What is the True Cycle Life to 80% capacity that is the standard for battery life?
Obviously it is much less at 80%.
2000 cycles or less which is still good compared to other Solar Generators but that was a sneaky move by Bluetti.

What temperatures can the ac200 be stored at based on the battery chemistry?

Could I leave this in the trunk of my car in the cold winter nights? And how hot can it be stored at? Can I leave it in my car trunk in the summer?

I wish these solar generators could have some kind of universal MPTT that could also take wind turbine power.

The AC200 deceptively claims 2500 cycles from its NMC pouch cells BUT that is to 50% capacity left.

What is the True Cycle Life to 80% capacity that is the standard for battery life?
Obviously it is much less at 80%.
2000 cycles or less which is still good compared to other Solar Generators but that was a sneaky move by Bluetti.
Yes I have the same question. How many cycles can this battery take until it drops to 80%?

I contacted Bluetti to see if i could get in on the Indiegogo deal from Australia
There is no Australian version as yet and was told they would be working on it. I would say this will do very well here in Australia assuming the price is right.
I'll ship you one ?

Official response from the Bluetti Team
Indiegogo comments said 1200 to 1400 cycles to 80% capacity.

2500 cycles to 50%
It is a huge drop to 80% which is about half.
1200 to 1400 to 80%.

1.) Can you hook up an external battery of the same type to the AC200 as you the ECO 600 Pro?

2.) Can the AC200 be used while being charged by solar or AC power simultaneously?

Last edited:
Official response from the Bluetti Team
Indiegogo comments said 1200 to 1400 cycles to 80% capacity.

2500 cycles to 50%
It is a huge drop to 80% which is about half.
1200 to 1400 to 80%.
Hmm not sure I understand what your saying? So is that pretty good 1200 cycles until it reaches 80% ?

Or are you saying that's a huge drop going down to 80%?

Hmm not sure I understand what your saying? So is that pretty good 1200 cycles until it reaches 80% ?

Or are you saying that's a huge drop going down to 80%?

This what Bluetti said in the Indiegogo comments:

" if you slow charge the AC200 (at 400W) every day, disconnect charging, run it down to 0% capacity, then charge it again the next day. This will equal roughly 2500 cycles, but the system will only have 50% of it’s storage ability. This will be 1200-1400 cycles to reduce to just 80% of the storage capacity. "

You are free to view the indiegogo comments for yourself. You don't need to create an account. It's public. I understand what they are saying.

This what Bluetti said in the Indiegogo comments:

" if you slow charge the AC200 (at 400W) every day, disconnect charging, run it down to 0% capacity, then charge it again the next day. This will equal roughly 2500 cycles, but the system will only have 50% of it’s storage ability. This will be 1200-1400 cycles to reduce to just 80% of the storage capacity. "

You are free to view the indiegogo comments for yourself. You don't need to create an account. It's public. I understand what they are saying.
Soooooo... 3.3 - 3.8 years (1200-1400 cycles) of daily use will drop it down to 80% battery capacity. I'll never get there!

Back