diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 & AC50S

Thanks MBR and Gazoo. BTW the Pecron can take up to 700 watts of solar according to the Amazon description.
This is the T3000.
The details are hard to figure out on these Chinese products, and I'm sceptical of shopping on alibaba.com, but just wanted to bring it to people's attention. Amazon doesn't do a great job of showing obscure products in their search results.

Here is the non mobile link:

If it lives up to it's specs it's a good deal. I would be concerned about the warranty and ask about that. Always ask questions. Also I didn't see any input for solar. So I think they are implying the battery can be charged using an external solar controller. Not sure but I would ask.

Here is the non mobile link:

If it lives up to it's specs it's a good deal. I would be concerned about the warranty and ask about that. Always ask questions. Also I didn't see any input for solar. So I think they are implying the battery can be charged using an external solar controller. Not sure but I would ask.
Thanks Gazoo. Yes, a solar generator without a solar controller would be an issue, but it's 2000w variant comes with a 4 core aviation plug to MC4 cable. Many questions.

False alarm. T3000 has "mppt controller" in the description and it shows 58.8v 10a "built-in charger" in the table. Way less than AC200.Screenshot_20200712-182453_Firefox.jpg

If you read this thread you would know Bluettis claim of 2500 cycles was to 50% capacity.
Bluetti is now claiming 1200 to 1400 cycles to 80%
They are also saying that their LG cells are 5C charging capable so a slow 700 watt solar charge or even their 1200 watt max charge on the AC200 is going to extend the life.
I have read this thread and am aware of those numbers. Still, 1200 to 1400 sounds much higher than 500. I am aware that shallower DoD will increase cycle life, but didn't know slower charging has such significant effect.

The AC200 seems really similar to Pecron's portable power stations.

The Pecron T3000 in particular (available on alibaba.com) has the AC200 beat in terms of value per dollar. Hope someone could compare them.

There seem to be multiple companies involved to market AC200. I don't surprise if similar products pop up with slightly different specs and different names.

As I understand, AC200 is marketed and sold by Maxoak as part of Bluetti brand in the U.S. Bluetti is just name of product line, not a company. Bluetti products are apparently manufactured by Poweroak (http://www.poweroak.solar) which is apparently part of Kayo Maxtar group (http://www.kayomaxtar.com).

The AC200 seems really similar to Pecron's portable power stations.
I don't see any similarity except for about the same battery size and inverter.
AC200 at about the same price is vastly superior along with being made by Bluetti which has a good history of making solar generators. Never heard of Pecron.

Hello all. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question...I have a cheap Interstate SRM-24 lead acid on my RV and specs say 81Ah, which my math tells me 12V x 81Ah = 972 Wh. The AC200 says 33100 mAh (33.1Ah). Could that be right or am I missing something (81 vs 33)? The AC200 Wh is 1700 so a lot higher than my lead acid, and can be run down to more like 20% rather than 50% right? But how does the math work for the 33100 mAh?

Hello all. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question...I have a cheap Interstate SRM-24 lead acid on my RV and specs say 81Ah, which my math tells me 12V x 81Ah = 972 Wh. The AC200 says 33100 mAh (33.1Ah). Could that be right or am I missing something (81 vs 33)? The AC200 Wh is 1700 so a lot higher than my lead acid, and can be run down to more like 20% rather than 50% right? But how does the math work for the 33100 mAh?
Only bs sales hucksters use mAh for the huge impressive numbers.
AC200 is 1700 watt hours at nominal 51.8V so 32.8Ah in my calculations.
14 cells in series at 3.7 volts is 51.8V battery.

So if I am looking at Ah, I have 81Ah in my cheap marine battery and less than half of that in the AC200. Do I need to be looking at Wh to compare apples to apples?

Yes use wh. I am used to working with 12 volts. A 51.8 volt battery rated at 32.8 amps is roughly equal to a 131.2ah 13.4 volt battery.

Assuming you have a 13.4 volt marine battery rated at 81ah, the wh is 1085.4 for your battery but they are only supposed to be run around 50% capacity. So roughly the Bluetti will provide you with 1000wh more than your marine battery.

I always use this ohms law calculator:

New here I was about to pull the trigger on a EB240 and found this thread on the AC200. First can someone direct me to the discounted link for the ac200? Also here is my use and tell me what you experts think is better AC/EB... Full size fridge 3.5a @110v 2 laptops and an internet router. I am looking for the best backup system. I was sold on the EB240 because of the wh capacity but now that I understand how slow it is to recharge. I am reconsidering. I would pair this with 200w in solar panels. Just looking for what would keep me going the longest without grid power. THANKS!

New here I was about to pull the trigger on a EB240 and found this thread on the AC200. First can someone direct me to the discounted link for the ac200? Also here is my use and tell me what you experts think is better AC/EB... Full size fridge 3.5a @110v 2 laptops and an internet router. I am looking for the best backup system. I was sold on the EB240 because of the wh capacity but now that I understand how slow it is to recharge. I am reconsidering. I would pair this with 200w in solar panels. Just looking for what would keep me going the longest without grid power. THANKS!
Here is discounted link to AC200.

First off...no expert here but, why only use 200w of solar? The AC200 will take 700w and the EB240 will take 600w in series/parallel. More watts the better and faster charge time. If your talking about charging with AC then the AC200 is much faster. If you talking just solar, not a HUGE difference IMO. If you don't need folding panels you can do better on some Rich 100w Poly panels https://www.amazon.com/Richsolar-Polycrystalline-Efficiency-Module-Marine/dp/B07DNP14JY You get a lot more watts for your money!

My EB150 (little brother to the EB240) will power my full size Samsung 115V/5.3A fridge/freezer no problem. I had the fridge set to 35 degrees F and the freezer set to -2 degrees F. The fridge/freezer was already at temp when I started the test. According to my Kill A Watt meter, it consumed a total of 1090w in 10 hours (avg 109w per hour). Your mileage may vary.

I just checked and the Hobotech discount code is still good on the Bluetti website for the EB240. I put one in the cart there and used the HOBOTECH3000 coupon code and it gave me $300.00 off ($1599.00) which is about the cheapest I've seen it.

If my math is correct you'll be paying 66 a watt for the EB240 and 70.5 cents a watt for the AC200.

Hoped this helped, Good Luck!

Last edited:
First off...no expert here but, why only use 200w of solar? The AC200 will take 700w and the EB240 will take 600w in series/parallel. More watts the better and faster charge time. If your talking about charging with AC then the AC200 is much faster. If you talking just solar, not a HUGE difference IMO. If you don't need folding panels you can do better on some Rich 100w Poly panels https://www.amazon.com/Richsolar-Polycrystalline-Efficiency-Module-Marine/dp/B07DNP14JY You get a lot more watts for your money!

My EB150 (little brother to the EB240) will power my full size Samsung 115V/5.3A fridge/freezer no problem. I had the fridge set to 35 degrees F and the freezer set to -2 degrees F. The fridge/freezer was already at temp when I started the test. According to my Kill A Watt meter, it consumed a total of 1090w in 10 hours (avg 109w per hour). Your mileage may vary.

I just checked and the Hobotech discount code is still good on the Bluetti website for the EB240. I put one in the cart there and used the HOBOTECH3000 coupon code and it gave me $300.00 off ($1599.00) which is about the cheapest I've seen it.

If my math is correct you'll be paying 66 a watt for the EB240 and 70.5 cents a watt for the AC200.

Hoped this helped, Good Luck!

At the end of the day, what is the best value for the money between the AC200, EB240, and the EcoFlow delta? I’m new to this and would rather get the best bang fir my buck and then tailor my needs from there. Thanks.

At the end of the day, what is the best value for the money between the AC200, EB240, and the EcoFlow delta? I’m new to this and would rather get the best bang fir my buck and then tailor my needs from there. Thanks.
First question might be is how big an inverter and battery capacity will you need?

Back