diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200 Max expansion batteries

Outrider

On the AC200 Max, do we know what specifically prevents the use of 3rd party batteries being used as expansion cells in place of the OEM ones? If it's just the plug type, and not something to do with communication between the base unit and the expansion pack, I would think it should be fairly easy to bypass.

I own an Ecoflow R600 Pro (Kickstarter) and the Pro Kit, which allows the use of whatever cells I want in the proper voltage configuration.

On the AC200 Max, do we know what specifically prevents the use of 3rd party batteries being used as expansion cells in place of the OEM ones? If it's just the plug type, and not something to do with communication between the base unit and the expansion pack, I would think it should be fairly easy to bypass.

I own an Ecoflow R600 Pro (Kickstarter) and the Pro Kit, which allows the use of whatever cells I want in the proper voltage configuration.
I’m interested in this as well, ran accross this video this evening:

On the AC200 Max, do we know what specifically prevents the use of 3rd party batteries being used as expansion cells in place of the OEM ones?
Today I did some voltage measurements on both of the expansion battery ports on the AC200 Max. Also, I measured the voltage on the minus pole of one connection and on the plus pole of the other connection. Voltage measurements showed that there is a voltage on both ports for expansion batteries that raises when the AC200 Max main battery is charged via the PV port, or drops when the consumption is greater than a charge.

Also, I connected the expansion battery port to the input of the Riden 6018 regulator and programmed the 48V output, to which I connected the 48V DC motor. In this way, I simulated the consumption at the connection for the expansion battery, which happens when charging expansion battery (or 3rd battery of the same operating voltage).

Given that I don't currently have a 48V (51.2V) LFP battery, hereby I have tryed to prove (for now only theoretically) that LFP batteries of the same operating voltage that have built BMS can be connected to the AC200 Max connectors for expansion batteries.

IMHO, there should be no reason for the AC200Max to "recognize" a 3rd party of the same operating voltage and "reject" to charge it or using it as a source of spare energy.

I’d like to see some updates on this subject as well.

Thing is the bluetti system is 58.8V.
But it can take a slow 100-120w charge from a 12v battery into the small input port at lower right of the unit, using the charger with the XT plug to alligator clips to the battery.

Last edited:

Hey there, I have the 200MAX. I also would like to use "bring your own" cells to the game.. Any additional research or findings to report? Thank You!! :)

Back