diy solar

diy solar

BMS Bluetooth range extender

Hi Pierre
Great idea. Will give thar a try. I had a look on the module and the actual aerial is about 5 mm long. Little zig zag track. Will have to cut the battery box apart to get to the BMS so this will be the last gasp attempt.

Thanks.

Hi Pierre
Great idea. Will give thar a try. I had a look on the module and the actual aerial is about 5 mm long. Little zig zag track. Will have to cut the battery box apart to get to the BMS so this will be the last gasp attempt.

Thanks.
That's odd. Mine has a piece of black wire , about 270mm , soldered onto the pc board. No wonder your range is crap. You can solder a piece of wire onto that little zig zag track. The one end of this track should have no connection to it . That will be the end to solder onto. Unless it is a folded antenna in the form of a loop then you will have a bit of a problem.

Hi Pierre

Definately not on the new ones. Spoke to the seller and this is an improvement in design. Go figure

Regards

The new improved version.
Hi Dodge , obviously the 'improved' version sucks. I would still solder a piece of wire onto the start of the 'worm' on that little round pad. Mine also shows the worm and the wire is soldered onto that little round pad. The wire is 265mm long - keep to this length as it is the tuned lenght for that frequency. I think the supplier was telling you porkies !! The two cct's look exactly the same. Trust a radio ham ;) we make things resonate !!

Looks like the "improvement" is the ease of manufacture ... not the performance.

I setup raspberry pi for monitoring LV5048 and Bluetooth jkbms.
I get everything in one screen dashboard on anything that can open a browser anywhere in the house and outside.
Im interested in doing the same in a DIY portable solar generator. You have more details?

Im interested in doing the same in a DIY portable solar generator. You have more details?

Adding an "antenna" to any BT will extend the range significantly!

Back