diy solar

diy solar

BMS discharge fault

DrMelloenchen

Hi guys,

I have a Daly BMS with 30A on a 100ah lifepo4.

It worked for over a year with no problems. Now I can’t draw energy from the battery or charge it. The bms tells me that I draw energy, but there is no load on the battery. I have a screenshot in the attachments. At the time of the screenshot the battery was standalone without any connections.

A reset of the bms also did not worked.

Have you any ideas to fix the problem?

Thank you so much for your answers.

Melvin

Attachments

• A1AA6BBF-FDD1-4B5A-8439-3F8DF9DF5C27.png
    A1AA6BBF-FDD1-4B5A-8439-3F8DF9DF5C27.png
    590.6 KB · Views: 13
My apologies in advance, but I am not able to read the text on the screenshot (I guess that may be German?)...

At any rate, what are all the cell voltages, and is there a screen in the app to show logging messages, like reason for safety threshold shutdown?

Just wondering if the '0.002v' is the Cell 4 voltage or something (in the screenshot)...

The BMS does 5 things:

-Monitor and shutdown on low volt cell or pack
-Monitor and shutdown on high volt cell or pack
-Monitor and shutdown on low temp pack
-Monitor and shutdown on high temp pack
-Balance all cells SoC to same

One of those items out of whack can cause BMS to stop charge/discharge...

Hi guys,

I have a Daly BMS with 30A on a 100ah lifepo4.

It worked for over a year with no problems. Now I can’t draw energy from the battery or charge it. The bms tells me that I draw energy, but there is no load on the battery. I have a screenshot in the attachments. At the time of the screenshot the battery was standalone without any connections.

A reset of the bms also did not worked.

Have you any ideas to fix the problem?

Thank you so much for your answers.

Melvin
Disconnect the balance leads first and then disconnect the BMS at one of the terminals. Let it sit for a half an hour then connect the terminal back up and then plug the balance leads back in.

I had an issue with one of mine sometime ago and this is how I fixed it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back