diy solar

diy solar

BMS leeks shutting down

And more charge controller, his existing unit is already over-panelled :(
With real world losses, I’d be surprised if he hits max 30a for very long, I’d wager if VOC can support it I’d double the PV for the same controller then add another if needed.

Nobody as asked why the BMS is shutting down, is it high volts, low volts, or just a Daly?
More information about the conditions that cause shutdown would be useful.

Fridges are Waceo coolmatic 90ltr and a Waceo cfx50 50 ltr.

The manual for the 90L says that the average power consumption is 45W, the manual for the smaller unit is less helpful, so let's assume half that.

So, a total average consumption of 67.5W or about 6A @ 12V.

67.5W over 24 hours is 1,620 Wh. Looks like my earlier guesstimate of 1,344 Wh wasn't a million miles off :)

As @mikefitz asked earlier, is there any indication from the BMS as to why it's shutting down?

The manual for the 90L says that the average power consumption is 45W, the manual for the smaller unit is less helpful, so let's assume half that.

So, a total average consumption of 67.5W or about 6A @ 12V.

67.5W over 24 hours is 1,620 Wh. Looks like my earlier guesstimate of 1,344 Wh wasn't a million miles off :)

As @mikefitz asked earlier, is there any indication from the BMS as to why it's shutting down?
No. That’s my problem. I have a volt meter on the system which I keep an eye on it stays around the 13.2v to 13.4v all day then once the sun goes down it shuts everything down.

I have a volt meter on the system which I keep an eye on it stays around the 13.2v to 13.4v all day then once the sun goes down it shuts everything down.

I'm guessing the battery is never getting fully charged and as soon as the sun goes down, the battery goes into LVCO. But we really need to know what the BMS settings are. I know some people like to trash Daly, but I have not had any issues with any of mine.

Is there anyway you can isolate all load until the batteries get up to >14v?

Back