diy solar

diy solar

BMS Temp Sensor Wiring: Doesnt have normal BYR

NewRuins

So this BMS doesnt have instructions matching what they sent me.
Sent 4 tiny temp sensors and the only available port that it could be is this prewired harnass with 8 Red and Black cables.
I thought most of the time the temp sensors had R G Y and you chained them together.
Do people think I just wire each temp sensor to its own RB pair? Is there polarity on these?
IMG_20200809_102706.jpg

The last image shows the full package with the screen. The far right harnass has RGYB which matches with the communications port for the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20200809_111558.jpg
    IMG_20200809_111558.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 6
Based on my completly different BMS but the correlation that there are 4 sensors and 4 pair of wires i would connect one. Mine were resistors that changed with temperature so no worries about polarity.
To test them put them between my thumb and forefinger. If you see 37 C you are healthy. ;)

They looks like basic thermistors (a resistor who changes according to the temp). So they're not polarised and each red and black pair is probably for each sensor ;)

Anybody know how to power this on? They mention needing to connect it to a battery in their "documentation". But this model doesnt have a port for power, their documentation shows that it just comes with powercables and you connect it to a small battery to "Boot" it

Anybody know how to power this on? They mention needing to connect it to a battery in their "documentation". But this model doesnt have a port for power, their documentation shows that it just comes with powercables and you connect it to a small battery to "Boot" it
Nevermind there was another port on the other side. And got it to turn on.

diy solar

diy solar
Back