diy solar

diy solar

JiaBaiDa UP Series BMS (Parallel Packs)

Here you will find some very important information about these question marks. Very important values must be entered in these question mark fields. Chinese, how do you think we are going to deal with these question marks? This is where the charging currents and discharging currents for the inverter are set. This is data that is transmitted to Victron via CAN. If only 10A is entered, only a maximum of 10A can be taken from the battery and the rest is taken from the grid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_152319.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_152319.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks to Wuerzburger, who found this new JBD tool. With the new JBD tool, the question marks have been translated into English. Now I have been able to solve another problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_153031.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_153031.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi could you tell me how well it works with VRM? Any issues? Does the consumption show in the graphs? Can you view individual cell voltages and alarms?
I have been able to solve all the problems so far. The JBD BMS works much better than my old Daly BMS with Victron. I have a Cerbo GX no Venus Os. VRM recognizes the battery as a Pylontech product. Apparently the CAN protocol is the same. Charging and discharging currents are displayed. The charging voltage and power. Parameters are also shown such as the max. set charging current and discharging current. Various alarms, if there are any. The 16 cell voltage of a pack is not displayed. Since I have not connected another battery pack yet, it is of course not displayed. But I think as soon as I connect the second battery, it will also be displayed. For me, the battery information displayed by the BMS in the VRM is enough. The BMS works very well with Victron. I am very satisfied and do not need to replace it.

Hey folks, I am trying to figure something how here, maybe someone can help. I have the same BMS well its the 100A-200A version. JBD-UP16S010-L-16Sl100A-B-R-C.

I noticed even on your screenshots that the Capcity Config for 80% is set to 3.3V. Though under the Basic Protocol Parameter Information its set to Max Overvoltage 3650 (3.65V) and 3380 (3.3) release.

I changed the Capcity information that was default set to like 100000. In my case the batteries are 74Ah so I set it to 74000maH. That edited the cycle capacity automatically. I'm not sure what that value should be.

What troubles me is my battery pack 16S LifePo4 will only charge to 3330mv (3.3v) which I think is being controled/limited by the 80% capacity number under Capacity information. However that area is completely greyed out. I can't edit it. I want to charge my batteries to 3.5v. Even under Capacity information it says "Full Voltage 3550mv". So I don't understand why the BMS is capping charging at 3.3V. Anyone know how to change this behavior?

Also for those asking how to connect via RS485, buy the waveshare RS485 converter, take an ethernet cable, cut the end off one end, and connect. There are three spots for wires on the waveshare adapter. The far left one gets the white wire that is wrapped around the orange wire. The second (middle) spot gets the orange wire, the 3 and last hole you leave empty. The rest of the ethernet wires are not needed. Plug the waveshare converter into your computer and the ethernet cable jack into the BMS port and you can connect to JBDTOOLS no problem.

Anyways if anyone can shed light on how I can get my batteries to 3.5V and not cut off at 3.3V that would be super helpful.

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 7.png
    7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks @Eugenjbd I will download that version and give it a try. I have so many versions of their software lol. Hopefully this one connects, lots of times I get a garbled mess of ascii. I did order the "official" cable from JBD to connect from the BMS to the computer from Ali-express so it'll be awhile before it get it. Maybe that will make some difference, maybe not. I based my connection method on one of the more respectable YouTuber's out there. If this software works man I will owe you a cold beer! :)

Gotta go grab my other laptop to give it a try.

Cheers,
Cyberfed

Danke @Eugenjbd Ich werde diese Version herunterladen und es ausprobieren. Ich habe so viele Versionen ihrer Software, lol. Hoffentlich stellt dieser eine Verbindung her, oft bekomme ich ein verstümmeltes Durcheinander von ASCII. Ich habe das „offizielle“ Kabel von JBD für die Verbindung vom BMS zum Computer bei Ali-Express bestellt, daher wird es eine Weile dauern, bis es verfügbar ist. Vielleicht macht das einen Unterschied, vielleicht auch nicht. Ich habe meine Verbindungsmethode auf einen der angeseheneren YouTuber da draußen gestützt. Wenn diese Software funktioniert, schulde ich dir ein kühles Bier!:) :)

Ich muss mir unbedingt meinen anderen Laptop schnappen, um es auszuprobieren.

Prost,
Cyberfed
I use this RS485 to USB cable. However, it only works in the RS485 socket next to the CAN. The RS 485 in the double pack for the battery paralell connections does not work with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240513_093923_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20240513_093923_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1
So its working now! I actually already had that version of the software but it was displaying a garbled mess. I decided to plug it into the RS485 next to the CAN like you mentioned above and it connected, 99% of readable there were still a funky symbols. But I was able to modify the parameters and left it charging. The batteries surpassed the the 3.3 voltage and it is now closer to 3.5. One battery hit 3.5 which triggered the BMS to stop but the others are at 3400-3490 give or take. Any tricks to get them to be more balanced? Previously at the settings it had stock (which I did save) the batteries were always within x.xx3 of each other give or take. They balanced nicely, same on discharge. Curious why the disparity now. I wonder if somehow I need to change my settings some more.

I ordered that exact cable from Ali-Express from the official JBD store. Waiting on it to arrive to see if that makes any difference.

Thank you!!!

Well I must say that JBD's support via Ali-express was actually darn good! They gave me the password (wrong one the first time but hey it happens) to the latest software so I could log in as "production manager" and make changes to any setting in the BMS using the very latest version of the software they make. Charge_POW_2024xxxx something like that is the .exe The password in case anyone wants it at least for my model is "JBD2023" without the quotes.

As I am a bigtime newbie with LFP chemistry. I think my problem thinking I wasn't getting a "full charge" was a two part error. #1 The AC charger I'm using has two 48V charging profiles for LFP, one is standard the other is "high speed" other than a current difference I didn't think there was much difference. Well I read the manual (imagine that) some more and found that the standard profile charges to the 80/20 settings. I just finished up building yet another 16S 48V system and this time I set the AH on the BMS correctly before setting it to "fast" charging, and while the battery voltage is very slowly creeping up from 3.2 - 3.3 it IS going up, further than before (until I started hacking the BMS). The SOC indicator seems in line with what the charger is putting out in terms of historical data and the SOC LED's seem to be following the AHs. So its not so much about the voltage itself is it?

You can answer if you want (would appreciate it) but I need to just read up on LFP charging profiles and understand them a bit better. Didn't help that my charge was deliberately doing 80/20. I was thinking the batteries HAD to be at say 3.5 to get all the juice they can provide, seems like they can sit at 3.2V and still be 100% full. I'm learning...the hard way...sigh. If you are curious why I'm charging via AC, I always charge a brand new pack with a AC charger designed for LFP 48V then after the first charge it goes out and gets charged via solar. But since I was testing all this hacking around with the BMS, it was easier for me to use the AC charger.

Back