diy solar

diy solar

JiaBaiDa UP Series BMS (Parallel Packs)

Translation: Hello, does anyone have a user manual and settings for the BMS, there are some entries that cannot be translated into English
Here are the docs I collected regarding JBD SW and Hardware - maybe you can find the info you are looking for ...

Attachments

• JBD PC Tools Manual.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 78
I am confused by this bms, It states 100a/200a continuous charge current on the specs but then says charging current limiting 20a parallel connection, what does that mean?

I checked with my BMS, but it doesn't work, unfortunately :(
Debugging looks like this https://monosnap.com/file/Slgrr3uWLeiwBPd7ZImzWUypOfxzUG
I'm using MAX485 UART-RS485 converter and ESP32 (also checked with Wemos d1 esp8266)
This converter works correctly for reading telemetries from the Deye Inverter.

p.s. On PC it works with bms tools application v2.7 only, not with higher version or else bms tools (converter RS485 with CP2102).

I checked with my BMS, but it doesn't work, unfortunately :(
Debugging looks like this https://monosnap.com/file/Slgrr3uWLeiwBPd7ZImzWUypOfxzUG
I'm using MAX485 UART-RS485 converter and ESP32 (also checked with Wemos d1 esp8266)
This converter works correctly for reading telemetries from the Deye Inverter.

p.s. On PC it works with bms tools application v2.7 only, not with higher version or else bms tools (converter RS485 with CP2102).
From logs it seams that BMS is not responding for proper command. I'm using UART TTL to RS485 CIA00485T module. I'm powering this module with 3.3V direcly from esp32 board. Plase check also dip swith configuration - you have to set them all to 0 according to logs.
Also check your esp32 uart connections - they must be conected straight rx(esp)->rx(rs485 module) tx(exp)->tx(rs485 module)

1695420793441.png

Last edited:
From logs it seams that BMS is not responding for proper command. I'm using UART TTL to RS485 CIA00485T module. I'm powering this module with 3.3V direcly from esp32 board. Plase check also dip swith configuration - you have to set them all to 0 according to logs.
Also check your esp32 uart connections - they must be conected straight rx(esp)->rx(rs485 module) tx(exp)->tx(rs485 module)

Got it, thanks.

I think that my problem is related to flow control, and I should use
Code:
flow_control_pin
if I'm using MAX485, but I can't see this in the config of this component. I will try to check the source code and maybe I can create a local component with a flow control pin.

Anyway, I ordered the same converter with auto-flow direction control.

--- UPDATE ---
Yeah, it works with a flow control pin. It's weird why the original author decided to skip this option:unsure:
very thanks for the git link @arH1983

Last edited:
hi, do you have last FW for JBD-UP16S010-L16S-200A? I have a problem with a Victron inverter. Cerbo BMS detects as B009 which is probably 15S Pylontech. And it doesn't charge

pack is detected as Liontron B009. But the victron doesn't charge. you have no idea where the problem might be. I believe victron detects it as 15S.... the BMS is set to Victron CAN protocol

Hello guys!
I have 2 items these BMS and I want connect parallel.
I have issue with parallel connection.
There was connected 2 BMS RS485(Parallel port) - RS485(Parallel port), for slave BMS i put address (1000).
I can't connect to slave BMS via master BMS from PC.
And LCD dispay wrote in menu PackPara->"This content is not settable"
Can you share diagram how to configure parallel connection?

sorry, I haven't tested this. I set up each BMS separately. The Master BMS communicates correctly with the Inverter. SOC is the average of the SOC of individual packs and the current is the sum

Got it, thanks.

I think that my problem is related to flow control, and I should use
Code:
flow_control_pin
if I'm using MAX485, but I can't see this in the config of this component. I will try to check the source code and maybe I can create a local component with a flow control pin.

Anyway, I ordered the same converter with auto-flow direction control.

--- UPDATE ---
Yeah, it works with a flow control pin. It's weird why the original author decided to skip this option:unsure:
very thanks for the git link @arH1983
If your esp code is not supporting JBD UP series it will not work. A couple of commands differs to all the other series. Look at my previous post. Here is a pythonlib you can check for protocoll changes.

I am confused by this bms, It states 100a/200a continuous charge current on the specs but then says charging current limiting 20a parallel connection, what does that mean?

If you connect a second battery in parallel, whose voltage differs from the first one, the current flow between them will be limited to 20A

Hello all,
the problem has been solved. It was a cell voltage connection not crimped correctly.
Now the 16S-302Ah battery pack works as desired and is connected to the Victron OS Raspberry via CAN (is recognized as Liontron).

Best regards, Hermann
Hi Hermann, can you elaborate a bit how you connected (hardware) the BMS with the RasPi? I assume you are running Venus on the RasPi. I am really struggling to connect the JBD UP16S010 (200Amps version) with the RasPi Venus. With the BMS I also go the USB>UART cable. I can connect with this cable using the JBD Tools on my PC. Then I tried using this cable to connect the RasPi with the BMS (on RS485 port of the JBD) but the BMS doesn’t show up on the Device List in Venus. Also tried the CAN port right next to the RS485 but also there, no success. Maybe the USB>UART cable supplied by JBD is only good for the PC connecting via JBD tools?
Thanks in advance, Norman

Back