diy solar

diy solar

BMS Troubleshooting

I'm not sure unplugging the BMS and plugging it back in is the way to reset the BMS. Is there a different way to do this?

I've never balanced the battery. Don't know how to do that.Could that be a problem?
Looks balanced enough at those voltages. If you get a large disparity around the top of your charge range a top balance may help. Or you can be conservative on how high you charge them (what i do) and have cells balance in your working range.

I am the BMS for my cells so I have conservative charge and discharge settings and usage. So far so good without a BMS with about 500 charge cycles on my batteries (5 batteries ranging from 22ah 4s to 412ah 2p4s).

Again, its hard to help debug a BMS when all one has to go by is that it does not work. Maybe its wired wrong? Maybe it really is bad?

Looks balanced enough at those voltages. If you get a large disparity around the top of your charge range a top balance may help. Or you can be conservative on how high you charge them (what i do) and have cells balance in your working range.

I am the BMS for my cells so I have conservative charge and discharge settings and usage. So far so good without a BMS with about 500 charge cycles on my batteries (5 batteries ranging from 22ah 4s to 412ah 2p4s).

Again, its hard to help debug a BMS when all one has to go by is that it does not work. Maybe its wired wrong? Maybe it really is bad?

1) Is there any way to test the BMS to see if it's bad?

2) My battery is 200 Amp Hrs -- Does my BMS have to be 200 Amps to use with my battery? Or is that overkill?

Remove the BMS by simply unplugging it. If the batteries then work then you may need to replace the BMS yes.

old thread but it helped me to change the cell voltage larm level a small bit and then reset.
What did you change it from and what did you change it to?
And old thread or not. Any input that is helpful is very welcomed. :)

What did you change it from and what did you change it to?
And old thread or not. Any input that is helpful is very welcomed. :)
"cell volt high protect. I changed it from 3.50 to 3.52 and then a reset . This got the alarm clear away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-123305.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-123305.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3
Back