diy solar

diy solar

BMS won't turn on

kl3vr

Hey everyone I need some help. I just got my 280ah cells with a 200a Daly Smart BMS Common port. I gone over my wiring a dozen times but the BMS won't kick on. I tried the "reset" by touching the P- to the B- on the BMS (while B- is still attached to the battery) and the charger kicks on but as soon as I stop shorting the connection (bypassing the BMS), the charger shuts off. Each cell measures 3.3V, pack voltage 13.2v. I've checked the balance loom with my DMM and a pin into the connector. I've tried with and without the NTC sensor, and my shop is not below 15C. Do I need to do some config to work with my cells?
20210118_224156.jpg
20210118_223744.jpg

20210118_223720.jpg

With the balance cable connected, with no PV power to the charger, if you do the reset the BMS, is there then voltage at the battery connection of the charger? There should be if the BMS stays "on". The question is will it stay with no charge applied?

With the balance cable connected, with no PV power to the charger, if you do the reset the BMS, is there then voltage at the battery connection of the charger? There should be if the BMS stays "on". The question is will it stay with no charge applied?
Hey I disco'd the charger and reset the bms. I'm seeing 9v from the battery Pos to the BMS's P-, but 13.19v across the battery. why would there be a voltage difference?
give the bms some time to startup 1 minute do you have blue tooth
I've given it a few minutes to startup and yes theres a BT dongle. Should the BT dongle be connected at startup or not? I dont see a bluetooth device in my phone's menu, and it doesnt show in Daly's Smart BMS app.

Hey I disco'd the charger and reset the bms. I'm seeing 9v from the battery Pos to the BMS's P-, but 13.19v across the battery. why would there be a voltage difference?
I would not expect a different voltage.

Ok I figured it out... man they did not make this easy though. I found this post and it made me go look at the documentation again about all the pinouts. Found a mention of a KEY SWITCH but it NEVER SAID in the setup instructions that I'd need to short these 2 pins to turn on the BMS. well its working now... glad at least my wiring was correct, just had to find the magic button!
1611078866408.png
20210119_095047.jpg

So if you want to put in a signal type On/Off switch, this is where you connect it. Close the switch and power on.

So if you want to put in a signal type On/Off switch, this is where you connect it. Close the switch and power on.
I could use a momentary switch yea. once shorted for a sec, the BMS turned on and stayed on. now to figure out this charger!

I'm having the same issue. Where do I find a connector and switch for this? I am having the same issue with my DALY 4S 12V BMS. I would like to install a permanent solution because I have two BMS and they will not be easy-access when installed.

Old post, I know, but if anyone else comes across this, the bluetooth dongle has a small button on it, just push it!
Took me hours to find that...

Old post, I know, but if anyone else comes across this, the bluetooth dongle has a small button on it, just push it!
Took me hours to find that...
Depends on the version of the dongle, mine doesn't have that button.

Back