diy solar

diy solar

Bought a bad Roypow 48v on ebay and cells are at 0 need some advice.

brandonboosted

So I bought this roypow 48v 56ah battery used on ebay in non working condition, the seller stated that the cells were still good and that it had a faulty bms. Unfortunately all the cells were drained to nothing. I did try to charge them slowly and am still in the process but more than likely are these shot? Not a whole lot of info out there on this. Thanks.

Cells at 0V are 99.9999% likely to be bad. Even if they can be coaxed into holding a voltage, their internal resistance is notably higher and tend to not be suitable for their intended purpose.

IMHO, return it. "cells were still good" is a false claim and is a misrepresentation of the product.

Cells at 0V are 99.9999% likely to be bad. Even if they can be coaxed into holding a voltage, their internal resistance is notably higher and tend to not be suitable for their intended purpose.

IMHO, return it. "cells were still good" is a false claim and is a misrepresentation of the product.
Thanks for the reply, I basically told the seller this and he referred me to roypows customer service so you know this will be a fun one.

Back