diy solar

diy solar

BTS not reading for XW Pro 6848

fcparks

Hi all, I’ve had my system running few 2 months now and the BTS on my Schneider XW Pro 6848 has never worked. I am not to worried as my Midnite Classic Charge controller has one, but now that I’ve got most of my other questions answered on this forum I figured it was time to tackle this one. Do I simply need to turn it on in the Schneider online app?

I hooked up my temp sensor when I did my initial install, I don't need it, but I still hooked it up. It does seem to work normally.

I don't know the pin out, but there are only 4 wires in the phone cord RJsomething connection. Go at it with an ohm meter to see if it is entirely open.

Battery temp is the very last item on this screenshot.
Screenshot_20240126-174411.png

I hooked up my temp sensor when I did my initial install, I don't need it, but I still hooked it up. It does seem to work normally.

I don't know the pin out, but there are only 4 wires in the phone cord RJsomething connection. Go at it with an ohm meter to see if it is entirely open.

Battery temp is the very last item on this screenshot.
View attachment 191535
Mine doesn’t even show the battery control or temp like yours does.

Do you have a device status page like the one attached? If so, check it out and see if there is a line item for temperature.

Attachments

• Conext ComBox Device Status.pdf
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
Do you have a device status page like the one attached? If so, check it out and see if there is a line item for temperature.
I found it, mine is just organized a little different. But then why don’t I see it in the battery summary graph?IMG_0400.jpegIMG_0401.jpeg

Mine doesn’t even show the battery control or temp like yours does.
I've got BMS communication set up, so that temperature may be from the BMS or the actual battery temp sensor. If I remember, I can disconnect the temp sensor on a week or so

I found it, mine is just organized a little different. But then why don’t I see it in the battery summary graph?
It seems to be something with InsightHome. I recently purchased an InsightHome device and am running it on an XW+ along with the
ComBox. I posted a while back about the same problem of no Batt Temp on the graph. I thought it was due to a compatibility issue with the older inverter model. Apparently not.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous Schneider can't do better. 400bird accused me of whining when I first pointed this out. I feel vindicated now, LOL :)

I also found the same issue on the main power flow page, where Battery Voltage and Temp are shown but the value is listed as 0.0 C even though the status page shows the correct temp.

It seems to be something with InsightHome. I recently purchased an InsightHome device and am running it on an XW+ along with the
ComBox. I posted a while back about the same problem of no Batt Temp on the graph. I thought it was due to a compatibility issue with the older inverter model. Apparently not.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous Schneider can't do better. 400bird accused me of whining when I first pointed this out. I feel vindicated now, LOL :)

I also found the same issue on the main power flow page, where Battery Voltage and Temp are shown but the value is listed as 0.0 C even though the status page shows the correct temp.
Good to know it’s working. I just figured I had a faulty sensor or hadn’t turned on a proper parameter.

Back