diy solar

diy solar

Budget 7KW battery system

8milimeter

I have a grid tied (Enphase) system on my home and decided I wanted to add batteries to run my fridge and small appliances for emergencies.
My solar contractor wanted 8-10 grand for budget Enphase battery system. This was way to much for what wanted so this was my compromise.
800 watts of solar , 2000 watt inverter and 7kwh of Batteries. $2500 total with used inverter and panels.
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

Nice tidy little setup... May want to do something a bit better for the panels.... maybe build a "potable rack" with 2x4's on wheels, that could allow them to dropped flat. There are a couple of great Vids on Youtube to get inspiration from.

800W of Solar is pretty small for a 7kwh battery, it may be worth increasing that.
I note that you have an Inverter Only... Nothing wrong with that, they tend to be power frugal. But this cannot charge the batteries. Have you considered an external AC Charger ? Good thing about LFP, is that you only need 2-stage charging so chargers can be had for a respectable $.

The panel set up is for grid outages and will be positioned in my back yard.
I have a 20a 110v charger to maintain the batteries.

If I had ocd I’d move the red bus bar up.

Is the kill switch on the left for the panels and the one on the right for the battery, or both for batteries?

Back