diy solar

diy solar

BYD 24v 8s Lifepo4 3kWh

Are you OK with purchasing used lithium batteries?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Preach

Battery Hookup has been selling these used BYD 24v 8s Lifepo4 3kWh for $275.00.

Does anyone have any experience with these or things to consider?

I've been very dissatisfied with used batteries in the past, but mostly because of ignorance in purchasing them.

Option 3: only if they guarantee a minimum capacity, AND I have the ability to confirm that (personally, I do).

Any thoughts on the 24v 8s Lifepo4 3kWh being offered by Battery Hookup for $275.00?

And how do you confirm capacity on site?

"At this price you can't go wrong. We are guaranteeing NO DEAD CELLS and pricing these at absolute rock bottom prices. 24v lifepo4 in 8s configuration has a lot of life left for energy storage applications. If you get a module that tests 4 kWh that's a bonus. But we are pricing these as if every module was 50% of original capacity.

Check the discharge graph from our testing in the 2nd photo. Most of our tests were around the 3kWh mark as you can see in the test results but some were higher."

Buy 3 @ $275 + 350 shipping at $1175. Even if they are only 2kWh, that's still a pretty good deal.

The testing in picture 2 supports their claim of 3kWh.

I think at $275, its great for anything if you are willing to add BMS yourself

If not enough, just buy more :D

previously I got couple for $400 each, one has 4.2kwh avaiable amazingly, most of others are about 2.7kwh~3.2kwh.

Add a active balance can get more juice out of those batteries, but if capacity is a concern, just buy couple more :D

I'm trying to add a common port bms to 2 24v byd batteries and for the life of me I do not understand the Daly instructions. I have the attached pic from battery hookup, but I'm still befuddled. Can anyone help??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-29-12-24-43.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-29-12-24-43.png
    404.3 KB · Views: 14
Back