diy solar

diy solar

CAN I ELIMINATE THE CHARGING SIDE OF MY MAGNUM 2000W INVERTOR/CHARGER......

CUCWV

I have been told my 2009 Model is not compatible with the new Lithium battery's I just bought.... After tossing around different paths to go........ why cant I just use the invertor side and just not use the charging side? Couldn't I buy a compatible charger to use without buying all new? I am working with their Magnum controller and using three 12v lifepo4 battery's and 2/3 100W panels. Thanks for any help.

You should be able to enter a custom profile for your battery setup from the Magnum remote.
Change the battery type to CC/CV and program in the charge parameters you need.

Can you simply configure it with very low charge voltage settings? Whatever other charger you use would then provide the majority or all of the charging as long as you don't drop below that voltage setting.

Yes, you can use the inverter only. My 2009 MS4024 I did just that. Was to old to have the custom battery profile inputs. I did use the generator occasionally to charge Li battery's just kept an eye on it and shut gen off at the voltage I wanted.

Looks like, at 75..... I'm in over my head with the terminology used here....... when I called the Magnum rep.... I asked about the 2 custom settings and he still said I couldn't use them on my ME2012 Model...... I dry camp mostly and use my Solar..... if I did plug in to a post, I would need to know what max charge setting to use on this old Magnum unit so I don't over charge. Also where will the the Battery Management System that is built into each battery come into play here? Just thinking...... Should I be asking these questions in another part of this Forum? Seems as thou what I'm talking about has nothing to do with Solar wiring. Thanks

The firmware on your model is to old, thats why you cant enter custom settings. I was in the same boat.
-Can you use the inverter side only, YES.
-Can you charge a Lithium battery, YES, But it will be using the Lead Acid settings so you will need to manually turn it on or off at the desired voltages for that battery. It wont be perfect and you wont be able to Float charge. And keep an eye on it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back