diy solar

diy solar

Can I use a 10S Li-ion BMS for 8S LifePo4 DIY build?

JaVid

A while ago I ordered (2) JBD BMS's. I thought I was ordering 8S LifePo4 Smart BMS. Instead I ordered 10S Li-ion Smart BMS. Can I use the 10S on the 8S LifePo4?

I would think I would be able to modify settings to work for LifePo4, but not 100% sure. Anybody have any idea? Also - not sure how I would do the balance leads. Does anyone know about this type of thing? Is this possible?

No. The operational range of a 24V system is too differrent from the operational range of a 10S LFP battery.

I need LFP for LFP and Li-ion for Li-ion.

SOME BMS can handle both.

No. The operational range of a 24V system is too differrent from the operational range of a 10S LFP battery.

I need LFP for LFP and Li-ion for Li-ion.

SOME BMS can handle both.
Thanks for the response and insight. I ordered two new JBD 8s for LifePo4 from SRIKO battery yesterday since I need them quick.

I am curious - is the limitation to use the 10S Li-ion in the settings/parameters or the hardware itself of the BMS? I would think you could change the settings to whatever you wanted, but maybe I am wrong? Just looking to learn something...

Thanks for the response and insight. I ordered two new JBD 8s for LifePo4 from SRIKO battery yesterday since I need them quick.

I am curious - is the limitation to use the 10S Li-ion in the settings/parameters or the hardware itself of the BMS? I would think you could change the settings to whatever you wanted, but maybe I am wrong? Just looking to learn something...

SOME BMS have provisions for managing different cell counts with the same software/hardware.

SOME BMS have provisions for managing different cell chemistries with the same software/hardware.

The rule is that if it doesn't say it can monitor multiple counts and/or multiple chemistries, it doesn't.

Back