diy solar

diy solar

can i wall-mount eg4-48v server rack batteries?

jmilanski

hi all,
my garage isn’t big enough for a server rack case (26” deep). can i mount the eg4-lifepower4 vertically on a wall? or should i find another brand that is designed to be wall mount (not tesla power wall). it’s for a hybrid inverter whole house backup system, so guessing 3-4 batts

thanks!

Someone recently posted about this company (Cloud Energy), and while digging for their website & docs, I found that they had a wall-mount version of their rack-mount battery; apparently has a clever wedge bracket to support the battery unit, but I haven't found the details on that bracket yet ...

cloudnewenergy.com

Hope this helps ...

FYI, I asked Signature Solar about wall mounting their server rack batteries: "(the technicians) advise against it. The battery weighs 100 lbs and is about 17 in wide, currently, we don't sell the wall mounts. Their thoughts would be that mounting any batteries to the wall could be dangerous for the drywall unless of course it's rated for heavy loads. You may also run into issues with hooking all the cables together, but you could just use a longer wire."

If I can't find a wall-mount solution, I'd have to run 15' cable between the inverter and the rack case. Would that be a problem?

Someone recently posted about this company (Cloud Energy), and while digging for their website & docs, I found that they had a wall-mount version of their rack-mount battery; apparently has a clever wedge bracket to support the battery unit, but I haven't found the details on that bracket yet ...

cloudnewenergy.com

Hope this helps ...
Yes, Cloud Energy has a 48V wall-mounted lifepo4 battery.

Old thread but I bought this bracket. Plan on placing a 2x4 leg up to bottom of server for added support. Never trust drywall - stud and bracket installation without a brace under it.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...B001YHYVEY/ref=psdc_172456_t1_B078ZWDCND?th=1
FWIW, those don't look to be especially strong. 100lbs should be ok if you mount it to a minimum 24x24" 3/4" plywood anchored into studs.

This would be something I would trust slightly more from experience: https://www.racksolutions.com/server-racks/wall-mount-racks/wall-racks.html

As long as you have a suitable wall (concrete) and proper stand there is no issue. I have a 280Ah 16S battery mounted this way and it is over 200lbs. 4 concrete anchors + an iron stand made of 20mm square profiles with 2mm thick wall.

Attachments

• 1695791949739.png
    1695791949739.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 1695791992639.png
    1695791992639.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 13
Back