diy solar

diy solar

Can somebody help me how to do neutral to ground bonding on POWMR 10.2kw hybrid inverter ?

there is no ac input this is off grid inverter for mining rig . And still when everything is disconnected from inverter , neutral to hot is 230v , hot to ground is 0v, neutral to ground is 0v. i called certified electrician to check he said that is normal if there is no ac input connected
Not normal, with a digital multimeter.
It should be reading a voltage potential difference between conductive parts.
0v between neutral and ground would normally mean that they are bonded together. But 0v between line and ground would mean that ground is not bonded to neutral.
The two measurements are contradictory. (Impossible)
I would say that the meter is faulty. But the 230v between line and neutral is as expected.
So, while I don't know what is wrong. I can say that something is definitely not right.

Why would there be any voltage on neutral to ground?
If the ground is floating (Not bonded), there will be potential voltage between it and both neutral and line. Approximately 50% of nominal system voltage. (115v)

Not normal, with a digital multimeter.
It should be reading a voltage potential difference between conductive parts.
0v between neutral and ground would normally mean that they are bonded together. But 0v between line and ground would mean that ground is not bonded to neutral.
The two measurements are contradictory. (Impossible)
I would say that the meter is faulty. But the 230v between line and neutral is as expected.
So, while I don't know what is wrong. I can say that something is definitely not right.
he checked it was like 20 volts in between hot and ground. he didnt add bond as he said grounding will be connected to main fuse panel of the house

he checked it was like 20 volts in between hot and ground.
This is making more sense.
Then I would expect 110v between neutral and ground.

he didnt add bond as he said grounding will be connected to main fuse panel of the house
And he plans to N/G bond there?
If so, that's fine. It will be the one N/G bond.

Back