diy solar

diy solar

Bonding multiple Deye 12kW inverters in Off-Grid Mode

Same as I ..
Sa runs wonderful, but do use 2 in 1 BMS port
Buy the way.

Which battery cable do you use for your inverter and which fuse?

I’m using 70mm2 for present setup from batteries to busbars and 50mm2 from busbars to inverters and 125A fuse on each leg

Buy the way.

Which battery cable do you use for your inverter and which fuse?

I’m using 70mm2 for present setup from batteries to busbars and 50mm2 from busbars to inverters and 125A fuse on each leg
I had sized for the worst case that I probably will never have.

Each Inverter: 120mm2 / Fuse don't remember (I think it's 1x Class T 320 A or something + 1x gS maybe 400A + 1 x gG maybe 250A, not deployed yet, so subject to change)

Each Battery: 50mm2 (next generation battery scaled down to 35mm2 for cost out and more availability of Breakers) with 315A aR fuse (might be scaled down to 250A aR or 125A gBat in next generation) and 100A Circuit Breaker

For those wanting to keep track of the latest and greatest firmware

I actually found that the Solar Group where I bought the Inverter had its own Dropbox share with the latest Firmware (and also a few older ones).

And apparently the Update is done via Webserver (similar to an ESP32 I guess :ROFLMAO: ), so I don't need to use a Windows Laptop.

However the guide of such User Group also mentions that
1713777346642.png

Doesn't really inspire confidence ...

Heck it's 2 files less than 0.5 MB each ...

@houseofancients

However, the Firmware that our Facebook User Group shared online is of the following Versions:
- MCU1-3PLV-Ver1001-C037-CK.bin
- MCU2_SG12KLP3-V200x-1144-1122.bin

You had (Sunsynk) Version 1150 main and c042 for lcd.

So it looks like it's NOT the latest version that my Facebook User Group shared ...

@houseofancients

However, the Firmware that our Facebook User Group shared online is of the following Versions:
- MCU1-3PLV-Ver1001-C037-CK.bin
- MCU2_SG12KLP3-V200x-1144-1122.bin

You had (Sunsynk) Version 1150 main and c042 for lcd.

So it looks like it's NOT the latest version that my Facebook User Group shared ...
well, maybe not the latest, but still will bring you considerable improvements....

btw, havent had an upgrade fail yet, but as said, my upgrade process is a bit different ...

well, maybe not the latest, but still will bring you considerable improvements....

btw, havent had an upgrade fail yet, but as said, my upgrade process is a bit different ...
Uhm OK ...

Can you please confirm you are running OFF-Grid ? I just want to be sure (I asked many questions in my previous Posts 😅 ).

i am running hybrid ( but in reality offgrid unless i need to flip my grid breaker because of very low battery)
I am specifically asking since Off-Grid (when the Grid is Not present) has a lot of additional Challenges:
- Startup of big Motors/Loads (transients)
- Harmonics (voltage harmonics are OK-ish I'd say based on what I could seed from time to time on my Eastron SDM630 Meter)
- Response withing Systems having a lot of Non-Linear Loads (e.g. lots of LEDs, passive Diode Bridge Rectifiers, Boost Converters, etc) - basically anything EXCEPT Resistive Loads and Full Active-Front End Circuits (AC Inverter Load operated as Active Rectifier) and thus generating a lot of Current Harmonics. Of course this results / can result in a high "Peak Factor" (above the normal Sinusoidal Ipeak/IRMS = sqrt(2) ~ 1.41), possibly going as high as 3x. OK-ish if you have "spare capacity" to handle I guess (3xInverters in my case should be able to handle 3 inverters x (12kW / 3 phases) / 230VAC = 52 ARMS on each phase in a balanced System and (50% of 12kW / 230VAC) x 3 Inverters = 78 ARMS. But the Peak Factor for these Inverters won't be very high ... (maybe 2x Transient for a few 100 ms at most)
- AC Output Filter Oscillations
- Flickering (not an issue if only "visual", but have to be careful not to damage stuff, ...)
- Clearing of Faults (i.e. the Untrippable Circuit Breaker, unless you use a B10 Circuit Breaker or something like that for each and every Load, but even then it's not sure you can get selectivity without the Inverter tripping on F18_AC_Overcurrent_Fault_of_Hardware), unless of course the Fault is a an Earth-Leakage type of Fault, in which case it's easily handled by the RCD 30mA

Back