diy solar

diy solar

Can you pair/parallel together 2 Ecoflow Delta 2's?

PopDBop

I've searched for a definitive answer, but am still not clear on whether or not this particular Delta 2 power station can be connected to another identical Delta 2 using the battery expansion port via the XT150 cable.

Can it be done?

What about the Delta 2 Max, which has *2* such expansion ports? Can two D2Max'es be paralleled together?

No. You can only connect an expansion battery or the gas generator to the port(s). The Delta 2/Delta 2 max doesn't support 240V split phase operation via smart hub like the Delta pros.

I've searched for a definitive answer, but am still not clear on whether or not this particular Delta 2 power station can be connected to another identical Delta 2 using the battery expansion port via the XT150 cable.

Can it be done?

What about the Delta 2 Max, which has *2* such expansion ports? Can two D2Max'es be paralleled together?
I'm sorry to say this is not possible. Those expansion ports are purely for extra batteries or their EcoFlow generator. Ecoflow would need to specifically support that scenario so the 2 units would synchronize their sine waves properly, which they don't support.

I'm sorry to say this is not possible. Those expansion ports are purely for extra batteries or their EcoFlow generator. Ecoflow would need to specifically support that scenario so the 2 units would synchronize their sine waves properly, which they don't support.
Yeah. I figured. Wishful thinking. Oh well. Thanks.

Yeah. I figured. Wishful thinking. Oh well. Thanks.
Sure - they are otherwise great units. I had a Delta 2 Max with 2 extra batteries that I ran with for a few months before decided to go modular to be able to upsize everything beyond the limits of that system - though I did have a firmware issue that I fought with which they have apparently fixed now (I sold mine last month). If you do much camping, etc., they are perfect for that.

Sure - they are otherwise great units. I had a Delta 2 Max with 2 extra batteries that I ran with for a few months before decided to go modular to be able to upsize everything beyond the limits of that system - though I did have a firmware issue that I fought with which they have apparently fixed now (I sold mine last month). If you do much camping, etc., they are perfect for that.
Thanks! Great feedback.

Yeah. I'm torn about spending the $$$ (even at Cyber Monday discounts) to have the convenience of compact grab-and-go power solution I can just throw in the camper/RV/truck, rather than DIY one.

I own the Growatt Infinity 1300, which has better solar input (1200W @ 100vdc, I recall), but not as high AC charging as the D2's -- only 800 Watts Max AC charging. Besides the funky design aesthetic, it's been a great unit. It doesn't have built-in battery expansion, but I can easily add on external battery capacity via the beefy solar input, and charge that battery bank (24v or 48v) via an inexpensive external MPPT SCC and/or AC charger.

Just curious. Did you DIY a system with similar specs to the DMax2, or did you build a more powerful system? If you DIY'ed a system with similar capacity and storage and the DMax2, what was your motivation -- price, configurability, maintainability, expandability?

Thanks! Great feedback.

Yeah. I'm torn about spending the $$$ (even at Cyber Monday discounts) to have the convenience of compact grab-and-go power solution I can just throw in the camper/RV/truck, rather than DIY one.

I own the Growatt Infinity 1300, which has better solar input (1200W @ 100vdc, I recall), but not as high AC charging as the D2's -- only 800 Watts Max AC charging. Besides the funky design aesthetic, it's been a great unit. It doesn't have built-in battery expansion, but I can easily add on external battery capacity via the beefy solar input, and charge that battery bank (24v or 48v) via an inexpensive external MPPT SCC and/or AC charger.

Just curious. Did you DIY a system with similar specs to the DMax2, or did you build a more powerful system? If you DIY'ed a system with similar capacity and storage and the DMax2, what was your motivation -- price, configurability, maintainability, expandability?
To expand the d2m, can use something like these, two 48V 50Ah batteries for $820, gives you 5kWh of expansion assuming you are ok with charge rate of 1000W (500W per mppt input*2). That's less than one 2kWh Delta 2 max expansion battery. Will need SCC or AC charger to charge the 48V batteries.

Thanks! Great feedback.

I went to the EG4 3000 which has similar output capacity but much higher SCC capacity - 500 volts / 5000 watts - went from pulling 1000 watts of solar to about 3000 watts for much of the summer days. Have ~15kwh of batteries as well. So I pretty much tripled my solar power and storage capacity. My motivation is for my needs I’m looking more to power as many things in the house off the solar system and save on the electric bill - I didn’t really have that much of a need for portability. To that end I have the EG4 6000xp on order to double my inverter output capacity from 3 to 6kw. I may just hang onto my current inverter as both a backup and maybe do the whole thing strapping it to a hand truck with a battery and have a semi-portable solution that way.

I’ve been on an educational journey - would have spent a lot less money along the way if I had had a more clear picture of my end game to start with. ? There is just always the next piece to start considering upgrading to - lol.

Just Daisy chain the 2 together, using the AC charge cable. it's that simple. Make sure AC is always turned on. You get to use the full capacity of both batteries.

Last edited:
Back