diy solar

diy solar

Can't access Xiaoxiang BMS after LVD

I have multiple JBD BMS units, and the blue tooth modules can be finicky with different phones depending on what version of the BT you are using. My older LG phone cannot access one of my BT units, but another phone has no issues. Ensure your GPS option is enabled on your phone. Mine will not connect to the BMS unless the GPS is active. I suggest trying another phone or device if still having issues connecting. If that does not resolve the connectivity issue, get a new BT module for the BMS.

I have multiple JBD BMS units, and the blue tooth modules can be finicky with different phones depending on what version of the BT you are using. My older LG phone cannot access one of my BT units, but another phone has no issues. Ensure your GPS option is enabled on your phone. Mine will not connect to the BMS unless the GPS is active. I suggest trying another phone or device if still having issues connecting. If that does not resolve the connectivity issue, get a new BT module for the BMS.
Thanks mate, I've tried a few different phones, including one it used to work on. Same issue. I've actually bought a drop in cause I needed it resolved quickly, so got it in the garage at the moment, will see if I can get it fixed

Did you ever have any luck fixing the issue? Mine won't show up after a dead battery (recharged now). I however javelin a solid blue led on my bluetooth module, but it still won't show up on the app (tried an old phone that worked and still had the app installed... no luck)

Did you ever have any luck fixing the issue? Mine won't show up after a dead battery (recharged now). I however javelin a solid blue led on my bluetooth module, but it still won't show up on the app (tried an old phone that worked and still had the app installed... no luck)

Check this message out in a previous thread. It has one of Will's videos that shows a way to wake up a BMS. Maybe it will help...

Check this message out in a previous thread. It has one of Will's videos that shows a way to wake up a BMS. Maybe it will help...

Sorry, should have clarified better. After the recharge my battery does output power to the trailer (so good output voltage through the BMS), and the Bluetooth light is solid blue on the module. However, there is no Bluetooth signal output being detected by any BMS app or even any BT signal reader app.

L

Sorry, should have clarified better. After the recharge my battery does output power to the trailer (so good output voltage through the BMS), and the Bluetooth light is solid blue on the module. However, there is no Bluetooth signal output being detected by any BMS app or even any BT signal reader app.

L

That is and odd problem, but there have been some odd problems with Android devices if that is the device used to connect.

Assuming disconnecting & reconnecting the BMS leads plug & the blue tooth module have already been tried (if not try). take a look at the FAQ in the attached Overkill Solar BMS manual as there is a section on Blue Tooth connection issues. The Overkill Solar BMS is a JBD BMS.

Another item to try would be The Overkill Solar BMS software. Possibly it will work as it works with most JBD BMS. Probably a good idea to to reboot the device first and remove the current JBD software before installing the Overkill Solar BMS software.

Click the link and scroll down to the software download link.

Hope it helps...

Attachments

• Overkill_Solar_BMS_Instruction_Manual .pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 2
Thanks for the help. If I remember from before, a solid blue light means it has a bluetooth connection right? My light is solid as soon as I power the bms on, as if it is locked to a previous connection that no longer exists (could be completely wrong). Is there a way to "hard reset" the bms, or is there no real memory that this thing could be locked in with right now?

Thanks for the help. If I remember from before, a solid blue light means it has a bluetooth connection right? My light is solid as soon as I power the bms on, as if it is locked to a previous connection that no longer exists (could be completely wrong). Is there a way to "hard reset" the bms, or is there no real memory that this thing could be locked in with right now?

Yes, I think you are right the blue light means there is a connection. Try turning completely off the phone and the BMS and then turn on only the BMs and see if the blue light still turns on. If it does the BMS is possibly connecting to something other than the phone.

If the blue light stays off then possibly a software issue. Turn the phone on and delete the BMS software. Turn the phone and BMS off. Turn the phone back on and then the BMS. The led should still be off? If the led is still off reinstall the software or the Overkill software and see what happens.

Back