diy solar

diy solar

Can't figure out how to use my power supply

gaveupontv

This is a brand new unused power supply. I bought it some time back while taking a electronics class (that I dropped). I'm trying to get a fixed voltage of 3.65 V and keep it there while I dial up current. I cannot seem to do that. I can't find exact Dr. Meter manual, but I found a similar Dr. Meter power supply guide, but it has NO instructions on how to do what I want. This would be a constant voltage, no? All it does is to tell me that the current dial, which is marked on the power supply, indeed DOES control the current.
I set it at 3.6 volts (do you hook up a good quality volt ohm meter to get exactly 3.65 volts?
As soon as I put the leads on a single cell of my battery, the voltage drops down to 3.3 volts and no turning the dial does ANYTHING to the fixed 3.3 volts. I tried it on my master and slave channel..
I'm like e fish out of water here.
I also have a Victron blue smart ip22 charger. It has a app for your phone. I have no idea on how to work that, but I guess it's next on my list if I cannot figure out Dr. Meter. Anybody know if this will work?

I guess that's the answer. Turn up amps and set voltage on the open circuit. Voltage will change ad a load is applied. Hopefully, as the cell fills up, it will get back to 3.65. My power supply only shows 3.6 or 3.7, so I guess I'll get my volt/ohm meter and try fine turning a little more

Back