diy solar

diy solar

Can't Turn Off Protection Locking

Driving versus Monitor mode is a configuration set manually. Lock is also, but seems to be only access when in the Driving mode. Apparently the app is mainly for EV bikes. Maybe that way someone can't drive off with your bike without your phone also.

Last edited:
I switch between my two BMS all the time without unlinking. When I switch from one to the other, the connection doesn't work at first. I hit the back arrow and then select the same BMS and it works the second time.

Overkill BMS, xiaoxiang 3.1.1015

It may not have been clear, but... I said you cannot connect two phones to the same BMS. Once a phone is linked, a second phone cannot connect... even if the linked phone is turned off.

I see the benefit in a EV bike scenario... it is like a set of car keys. But, if your phone goes out (out of battery, broke, lost) you can't unlock your battery. For use in Monitor mode where I just want access to status from multiple devices, I am not able.

seconded that disconnecting in the phone app is important.

i’ve had to reconnect with same phone and manually disconnect before a different device could connect

Overkill BMS, xiaoxiang 3.1.1015

It may not have been clear, but... I said you cannot connect two phones to the same BMS. Once a phone is linked, a second phone cannot connect... even if the linked phone is turned off.

I see the benefit in a EV bike scenario... it is like a set of car keys. But, if your phone goes out (out of battery, broke, lost) you can't unlock your battery. For use in Monitor mode where I just want access to status from multiple devices, I am not able.

Ah, didn't catch the second phone.
thumbs.gif

FYI To be able to unlock, I had to reinstall the app to a lower version (by installing the version on the app store). Which allowed me to unlock the BMS. It didn't allow me to do anything else (it kept asking for a password), so after unlocking I reinstalled the apk version of the app from the Overkill link, and now all is finally ok.

I'm now stuck in locking mode.

I had toggled discharge which turned off my inverter, but then when I reconnected I'm on Protection: locking, but charge and discharge are still green. When toggling to driving mode I don't get the giant LOCK button. This is version 3.1.1026. I can still see the charge, the voltages and even do a small discharge. Do I need to somehow unlink the phone in the app, uninstall and then reinstall? This is the variant I downloaded from OverkillBMS website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-212933_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-212933_xiaoxiang.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 21
I'm now stuck in locking mode.

I had toggled discharge which turned off my inverter, but then when I reconnected I'm on Protection: locking, but charge and discharge are still green. When toggling to driving mode I don't get the giant LOCK button. This is version 3.1.1026. I can still see the charge, the voltages and even do a small discharge. Do I need to somehow unlink the phone in the app, uninstall and then reinstall? This is the variant I downloaded from OverkillBMS website
As many of the posts in this thread can attest, the newest doesn't seem to be better. I see 1014 is still the Play Store version and I still use 1015 which is the one that successfully got me out of this problem. I'm a little gun shy and your post further convinces me not to upgrade. Doing a quick Google search, I could not find anything about xiaoxiang's application page... specifically support and/or version details. I was hoping to find what new features / bug fixes are in your 1026.

I'd suggest you
  1. un-link your current version (read above about how once linked it won't talk to another device). I'm guessing a new instance on the same device will be treated as a new device.
  2. un install your 1026
  3. find and install 1015 - I know it works and is able to get out of this locked mode.
If you can't find 1015 somewhere, private message me and we'll figure some way for me to get my copy of the 1015 apk to you.

As many of the posts in this thread can attest, the newest doesn't seem to be better. I see 1014 is still the Play Store version and I still use 1015 which is the one that successfully got me out of this problem. I'm a little gun shy and your post further convinces me not to upgrade. Doing a quick Google search, I could not find anything about xiaoxiang's application page... specifically support and/or version details. I was hoping to find what new features / bug fixes are in your 1026.

I'd suggest you
  1. un-link your current version (read above about how once linked it won't talk to another device). I'm guessing a new instance on the same device will be treated as a new device.
  2. un install your 1026
  3. find and install 1015 - I know it works and is able to get out of this locked mode.
If you can't find 1015 somewhere, private message me and we'll figure some way for me to get my copy of the 1015 apk to you.
Many thanks! Was curious if this 1026 was the problem of not showing the darn lock button.

Will log in, tap the "Xiaoxiang BMS" icon in the menu and check "unlink" then uninstall. I will see if the lithiumbatterypcb version is not 1026 as well.

Will report back...just woke up

I'd suggest you
  2. un install your 1026
Will has 1015 on his site, but when I download it doesn't have the install apk and just extracts as a folder. You have to rename the file without the .zip

Installed and got the glorious unlock button!!! YAY!

Also, love to see that the temperature setting stays to 2°C when I downgraded to the 1015.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-070624_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-070624_My Files.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210724-072242_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-072242_xiaoxiang.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Will has 1015 on his site, but when I download it doesn't have the install apk and just extracts as a folder. You have to rename the file without the .zip

Installed and got the glorious unlock button!!! YAY!

Also, love to see that the temperature setting stays to 2°C when I downgraded to the 1015.
Fantastic!

Once you've dink'd with 1015 for a bit... would you mind noting the differences/enhancements you saw in 1026?
Thanks

Fantastic!

Once you've dink'd with 1015 for a bit... would you mind noting the differences/enhancements you saw in 1026?
Thanks
My absolute FAVORITE thing about 1026 is the dashboard. You get all your cell balls there on the homepage. Also, easy toggle of discharge and charge (not sure how 1015 does it).

I WISH the charging history stayed in the phone so I didn't lose my first charge graph. :(

While doing some load testing I had my JBD BMS go into Protection: Lock mode. I had toggled Charging Mode Off with a light load and it immediately triggered Protection: Lock and then reset Charge Mode to ON. I was able to release the Lock by shutting off both Discharge and Charge Modes and then turning Charge on first, followed by Discharge. I assume there is a circuit protection that disallows shutting off Charge Mode while Discharge is ON to protect the Mosfets?. Does anyone have a Xiaoxang/JBD user manual for app V 1026 that describes how the Protection: Locking function operates?

Appreciate any help-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220318-090647.png
    Screenshot_20220318-090647.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220318-090654.png
    Screenshot_20220318-090654.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi there,
FYI, I had a problem where I could not turn on the discharge with the switch on the dashboard of the app 1026, but I solved the problem by turning off the "switch function" in the "function setting".

I am just adding my experience, just spent an hour unable to turn on discharge from my two 4s 12v Lifep04 batteries with a 200A JBD BMS. I started using the overkill app a few months ago and it appears to work, however the version I am using (just deleted and re-installed from the App store) is V1.5.3 and nothing would allow me to turn discharge on. I installed the official Xiaoxiang app and it let me toggle discharge on, but as soon as I checked no discharge was on, and batteries were not visible in my coach. Meter readings showed a good battery, but the BMS output was off, as the app showed, and batteries were not usable.

See image of the Overkill Solar version 1.5.3 app, below , and until I turned the SW Switch circuit enable switch to off, I was dead in the water.. As soon as I turned that off, I could turn the BMS battery discharge toggle to on, and it stayed on, and the batteries are now working as expected.

Hope this helps someone else in the future

1694724198470.png

After installing new Boardnamics BN M1-AT Gear Drive on my Lacroix electric skateboard 12s4p p42a 21700 molicel and replacing motors from 6389's to 63100's the board would not charge. Charger showed green as if fully charged but was no charge left.

After downloading the xiaoxiangBMS app it started to charge properly again!

But now It will not charge again. The battery shows fully charged in xiao & stormcore app and shows green light on charger again but it is not fully charged.

I'm seeing:
- a MOSFET software locked alarm
and also:
- A cell over voltage protection alarm

I wonder if toggling from drive mode to monitoring would help my issue too?

Back