diy solar

diy solar

Chargery Fustration

RobRoy

Needing some help figuring out a chargery Bms. I'm in the process of a series precharge prior to a top balance. Following the manual everything seems to work fine untill I adjust the AH and WH. Its factory set at 20AH and 1000WH. I have 280AH at 7160WH. Once this parameter is set, the bms pegs at 100% SOC and begins to cycle the charge. If I reset to the factory settings or make any adjustment to the AH or WH the SOC remains at 98-100%.

I have 2 8S Chargery and both do the same thing. Been charging for 18 hours and the batteries are approx 3.4v so its not near a full SOC.

Just fully charge the pack (with the correct settings) then a discharge and recharge. ( It needs cycling to set/improve accuracy)

Just fully charge the pack (with the correct settings) then a discharge and recharge. ( It needs cycling to set/improve accuracy)

The issue is it keeps cutting off the charge.

@Chargery

Is it normal behavior for the Chargery to jump from 52% to 100% upon entering Ah/Wh when one follows the calibration on page 25?

Do you have the temperature sensor connected? What software version are you running?

He's on 4.04. He's essentially a neighbor out at HBR, and we're texting. Unfortunately, I don't have any actual experience with the Chargery.

Needing some help figuring out a chargery Bms. I'm in the process of a series precharge prior to a top balance. Following the manual everything seems to work fine untill I adjust the AH and WH. Its factory set at 20AH and 1000WH. I have 280AH at 7160WH. Once this parameter is set, the bms pegs at 100% SOC and begins to cycle the charge. If I reset to the factory settings or make any adjustment to the AH or WH the SOC remains at 98-100%.

I have 2 8S Chargery and both do the same thing. Been charging for 18 hours and the batteries are approx 3.4v so its not near a full SOC.
could you post screen shots of all your settings?

I don't know. I swapped boxes first thing this morning and it seems to be charging though the SOC is unadjustable and fixed between 98 and 100%. The other module was causing the power supply to cycle whenever the SOC hit 100%. It even had a high current alarm at 9.8 amps for 8 cells.

What is your voltage differential during disconnect?

I don't know. I swapped boxes first thing this morning and it seems to be charging though the SOC is unadjustable and fixed between 98 and 100%. The other module was causing the power supply to cycle whenever the SOC hit 100%. It even had a high current alarm at 9.8 amps for 8 cells.

I think you provided this info via text - 10mV difference in cell voltages when charge current is removed.

Can you post a screenshot of all 8 cell voltages when charging?

Thanks Snoobler. Mine also went thru
All of the cells were between 3.29 and 3.36 when I got them. What you see is about 20 hours of charging at 10 amps, 29.2v.

Glad you think so, I was concerned. If its functioning correctly, at least this module appears to be, than is it a faulty indicator to be ignored or possibly tied to controlling something else?

I will connect the first module tomorrow

On initial setup, the SOC will remain at 100% til you charge at least one cell to the battery full parameter setting.
Once the pack is full and you begin to discharge the SOC and WH should start tracking

On initial setup, the SOC will remain at 100% til you charge at least one cell to the battery full parameter setting.
Once the pack is full and you begin to discharge the SOC and WH should start tracking

Unfortunately, the SoC Calibration page give one a completely different expectation.

It can really get confusing reading that page .... but the relevant info I mentioned is in the first paragraph .... but maybe some of the terminology is wrong. It should probably say battery full and empty parameters instead of maximum voltage and minimum voltage.
It should reset to zero SOC if discharged to the battery empty setting also.

SOC.png

This is the misleading part:

10. Press START for 3 seconds, quit Program Setup, LCD display SOC, WH and AH, SOC is estimated based on battery voltage. WH and AH is calculated according to WH and AH settings. Take a 16S 10AH LiPo battery as a sample, If SOC estimated is 20%, AH setting is 10AH, WH setting is 592WH (3.7v x 16 x 10AH=592WH), the WH reading will be 118.4WH, and AH reading will be 2 AH.

It's clearly not estimated at all... :)

Back