diy solar

diy solar

Charging 2 Solar Gens at the same time w/gas gen

PaulLad

My little gas generator only has one output @ 700 watts. Can I put a splitter on that outlet and charge 2 solar generators @ 350 watts each? Thanks.

Probably not because most solar generators are not smart enough and they just assume a certain capable source (e.g., 120 volts @ 15 amps) unless it has a programmable inverter, where you can tell it not to draw more than 350 watts. PS. it appears that the output of your little gas generator is not even a standard unit because it is rated for 700 watts or 5.8 amps (700 watts / 120 volts).

My little gas generator only has one output @ 700 watts. Can I put a splitter on that outlet and charge 2 solar generators @ 350 watts each? Thanks.
Need to tell us what specific solar gens and gas gen you are looking for. Because even ones that allow you to set a max power draw when charging in their app may have a lower limit that is too high (for example my Delta 2 max has a minimum charge level of 400W). Any load on the solar gen will be in addition to that.

Need to tell us what specific solar gens and gas gen you are looking for. Because even ones that allow you to set a max power draw when charging in their app may have a lower limit that is too high (for example my Delta 2 max has a minimum charge level of 400W). Any load on the solar gen will be in addition to that.
I have 2 bluetti eb240's and a harbor freight tailgator 2 stroke gas gen. I made an adjustable fast charge power supply that I can charge the bluetti's @ up to 500 watts. Sounds like I'm best buying another tailgator. Good to have a backup any way.

Back