diy solar

diy solar

Charging EF Delta Pro from a second Lifepo4 bank via true sinewave inverter doesn't work?

lmichel

DISREGARD THIS POST - See my own reply below....

I'm a newbie with the EF DP + Extra Battery.
However, I have years of experience setting up my DIY array and lifepo4 system for endless dry camping.
I have two inverters: Xantrex XM1800 Pro (ModifiedSinewave) and Xantrex Freedom X 3000W Truesine (Truesinewave)
They are connected to 4 105Ah Lion Energy 1300UT's in Parallel.
I have two separate arrays providing charge to the Lion bank (long story on why two) through 2 Outback Flexmax 60s.

The Issue:
When I attempt to charge the DP via AC from EITHER Xantrex, I can hear a relay click every two seconds or so and it won't begin charging. I've set the charge on the DP to as low as 300W and it still won't allow it.
I connect the DP to a typical wall outlet at home and charging is just fine.

I suspect that the DP is not seeing an earth ground or maybe it *is* seeing a bonded ground?

What would you suggest as a next step in order to get the DP charging off of my existing RV DIY system (which has tons of extra solar to spare)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ugh! And it was my first post in this group too!... :)

My sincerest apologies... No, the EF DP was NOT plugged into the Pure Sinewave inverter when I though it was. Shame on me for only using my own diagram where the outlet was drawn connected to the wrong inverter.

Once I plugged in the the right one, the DP started charging right up.

Back