diy solar

diy solar

EF Delta Pro + 4 12v 100 ah lifepo batteries

ezvc

EF = EcoFlow Delta Pro
BATTERIES = 4 x 12v 100ah LIFEPO batteries wired in parallel

When my EF is fully charged, I want it to charge the BATTERIES to act as a backup storage power.
Then when I need extra power, I want to draw from the BATTERIES to charge my EF.

I bought a 12v charger (AC) that I will plug into the EF AC port to charge the batteries.

I want to use a DC method of charging the EF so that I can use both solar and batteries if possible. Any tips?

Is this a good way to essentially add battery power to my EF cheaply?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Last edited:
The EF uses the same DC input port for "car charging" and "solar charging." That port can receive 15A input but it seems to default to 8A input for "car charging" ( 12V car or 24V car/ 96W in or 192W in). My guess on the 8A limit would be voltage sensing...limited to 8A below 28V, or so. With your batteries in parallel (12V bank) a 96+ watt charge would be painfully slow for the 3600 Wh EF. (12V x 8A = 96W)

What you have described will work but it's not the best way to roll with what you have... Tip: Purchase an inexpensive 48V LiFePO4 charger (about $100). Connect your 4 batteries in series to make a 48V bank (make sure it's ok to put 4 in series with your particular batts). With 48V and max 15A you can now [theoretically] charge the EF at 720W (48 x 15) with your batteries.

Additional tip: Your 4 batteries combined have a 5120 wH capacity. Your EF has a 3600 Wh capacity. Be sure to use the discharge floor feature on the EF so you don't run it too low when charging those batts...I would propose a 10% or higher floor/limit for the EF.

In my own case, I was looking to see if 48v batteries could be put in series, and found out “no”, the BMS’s are 48v max. So that’s why 12v batts usually say a max of 4 in series or 24v can be 2 in series.

Bummer….

Ok, so max watts from the 48v batterie bank to the Delta Pro is 720 (or maybe a tad higher if the battery voltage is 51v.

I’ve got 2 DPs for split phase with the Smart Home Panel so 1500 total watts (750 x 2) delivered is significant. And 1500 watts x 24 hours is 36 kWh’s which is way more than my 9.5 kWh of solar panels will be able to make on even a perfect day unless it’s summer and clear.

That to me is better than charging the DP from an inverter while also having a load on the DP.

Too bad 96v BMS’s don’t exist…

Back