diy solar

diy solar

Circuit Breaker / Fuse between AC In and Inverter?

LivingTheDream

Hello everyone, I'm wondering what folks use for a circuit breaker/fuse between the 120VAC In and an MPP LV2424 Inverter/Controller? I can't seem to find a good solution on Amazon for AC, only DC. I wasn't wanting to install an actual circuit breaker panel for one circuit. Also, what amperage should I be looking at for this. The manual says 10AWG wire, so I'm assuming a 30-40 amp solution.

I use a 30 amp ac midnight solar din rail mount fuse in a baby box

Last edited:
Where does the 120VAC originate from? Does the supply have no breaker? I think you want to limit power to 30 amps if using #10 wire.

Where does the 120VAC originate from? Does the supply have no breaker? I think you want to limit power to 30 amps if using #10 wire.
It’s the 120 that comes in from shore power, goes through the transfer switch, and hits the MPP.

So a 20/30 pedestal is fine. I wish I knew of a 50/30 adapter with an integrated breaker.

I found an in-line fuse at Grainger that I'll pick up today while I'm in Phoenix. I'll circle back with pics for any future folks.

Thank you @Stephen123, I know where the breaker box is. However, that’s protection to the appliance. I was looking to add protection to the inverter itself.

Back