diy solar

diy solar

Coming Energy Prices …..

From the Holy Scripture;
From each according to his ability
to each according to his need.
Y'all ever hear that story? It's pretty crazy...

Acts chapter 4:32 closes by stating that the first followers of Jesus did not consider their possessions to be their own but rather held in common, in order to use what they had on behalf of those in want. For example, Barnabas, a Levite from Cyprus, sold a plot of land and donated the proceeds to the apostles.

As told at the beginning of Acts chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira, following Barnabas' example, also sold their land but secretly withheld a portion of the proceeds. Ananias presented his donation to Peter. Peter replied, "Why is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit?" Peter pointed out that Ananias was in control of the money and could give or keep it as he saw fit, but had withheld a portion of it. Peter stated that Ananias had lied not to men, but to God. Because of his actions Ananias died on the spot and was carried out. Everyone who heard about the incident feared the Lord. Three hours after Ananias' death his wife arrived, unaware of what had happened. Peter asked her the price of the land that she and Ananias had sold, and she stated the same untruthful price that Ananias had given. She too, fell dead.

Almost sounds like the first Christians were a bunch of communists and God didn't approve of greedy liars?

My point was it’s an illusion of preparedness. If the SHTF really badly , there’s no way those who have hoarded resources , including power generation , will keep it from falling into the hands of the mob. Hence the idea and delusion of “I’m confident in my ability to protect myself against one or the many” is the ultimate delusion , over the millennia , the “ priviledged “ always beleive they were strong or had protection. That delusion was always abruptly shattered when the mob turned up at the door. You might shoot a few , but the 100 of them will shoot you and take “ your stuff “

A few tins of beans is one thing , that’s not my point , my point was if so society gets so unbalanced as to have a huge rift between have and havenots , the have-nots usually vastly outnumber the haves, and ultimately what happens is the have-nots decide enoughd enough. The outcome isn’t usually good for the “ haves”

Hence my comment that society must prevent too much wealth disparity , this is a very worrying trend in the past few decades. Wealth ( and resources) has become concentrated in fewer and fewer hands. This is the same trend we see in PV systems , only the wealthy benefits , arguably someone with the resources to invest in PV generation on a reasonable scale , has probably plenty of money to buy electricity from the grid ( or to , via taxes, subside the poorer to either buy PV or simply grid electricity.

I’d be in flavour of 80% subsidies for pv installs for people on the poverty line/ minimum wage etc , the less fortunate actually benefit more by PV payback , then the ( relatively ) wealthy
What was broadcast a few years ago happening in cities like Portland would be a lot different in my neck of the woods. History seems to show that when people that have worked very hard for their stuff and are prepared to and willing to defend it, mobs seem to go elsewhere :) And these guys were not even really prepared for this situation. They simply grabbed a rifle and improvised. A community of well-armed, competent, motivated people defending their land, homes, and families would be more formidable than you might think. Every mob has a plan until they get punched in the face. Iron Mike

Attachments

• LA Riots Rooftop Koreans.jpg
    LA Riots Rooftop Koreans.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It’s only necessary in America.☺️ And of course the US has no serious civil rebellions in its history save one , so it’s not got a lot of experience in this area. ( thankfully )

Ps I live in a country with a “ castle doctrine “ too and free legal aid as well. So it’s not unusual. Anyone breaking in runs into my handgun too if warranted but that’s not my point. My point was about societal imbalance getting to the point of breakdown.

The point is of course once the mob is big enough they take what they want. So the issue is to ensure the imbalance in society never gets enough to spur a mob.

That’s why it’s in the interests of the wealthy to pay taxes to keep the dispossessed “ quiet “ and it’s a function of wealth distribution policies to ensure that.

That way everyone sleeps at night

So subsidised PV for the under dogs I say.
I identify as an underdog. Please send PV subsidy. I've PM'd you the address.

I don't know if the McCloskey's disprove Goboatingnows point. The BLM protesters weren't exactly desperately hungry, willing to risk anything to survive. In such a situation tho, the people who aren't armed are going to be victimized first, but if its really total SHTF scenario, you're going to end up facing desperately hungry people with guns. Best to avoid places where that situation could occur- initially by choice of where to live, then by supporting community / political solutions that result in a just, prosperous society (but what these are, is probably for a different thread and part of this forum).
As an emergency first responder, we are taught Self, Family, Neighbors, Community in that order. There is no stoplight in the closest town to me. I am in the sticks :cool: We like our peace and quiet. Mobs would have a bad day in our little community. See...Dalton Gang

Of course I could've. This is America. But why would I when wages, benefits and pensions are all better under a collective bargaining agreement than on the other side? That's just dumb. I chose my path and you choose yours. I couldn't give a shit less how you save or don't.
You too are welcome to the $1200 a month earned for S.S. just like the self made men around here recieve. If you watch your money just right you might be able to make the payments on that new side by side yer so proud of too...that's if your wife keeps her job. She will keep you from falling into poverty. No worries.
Dude No reason to be an ass but you sure showed yours.

Awful lot of assumptions there for not knowing anything about me or my life.

You all respond the same way when questioned.
If you can’t make your point then you result to name calling and personal attacks and supposed Superior intellect.

Not sure where you get $1200 a month. It’s based upon your earnings which means someone didn’t make anything.

I don’t take SS yet because I still consult after retirement from my original job because it’s fun.

Next year I will be forced to at 70 but according to the SSA site it’s $3900 not $1200.

Love your assumptions of stereotypes.
Don’t own a side by side and my wife Sold her company 5 years ago and now is home with me quite comfortably.

Next time debate the point instead of resulting to name calling and innuendo.

Last edited:
I think the issue isn’t work, most people work at something , but modern zero hour contracts can make earning a functioning living difficult.

Let’s not decend into the “ work for a living “ that’s a huge level of degree , some people are genuinely destitute etc. so let’s leave the “ line in the sand “ to others.
We all agree there must be limitations, but the key thing is a person on a minimal wage must be able to house themselves and a family , feed them , provide heat and light , educate their children ( upto and including third level ) And have access to good healthcare.

In thd contest of energy generation , this could mean either shielding such groups from excessive energy costs or providing them with highly subsidised PV solutions which then substantially reduce their bills

Who wants to live in a society where you toast in your PV powered home while a less fortunate next door, freezes. That’s not good and long term it blows up in your face too.
They must have one heck of a constitution where you live. Thats an impressive set of must haves.

Y'all ever hear that story? It's pretty crazy...

Acts chapter 4:32 closes by stating that the first followers of Jesus did not consider their possessions to be their own but rather held in common, in order to use what they had on behalf of those in want. For example, Barnabas, a Levite from Cyprus, sold a plot of land and donated the proceeds to the apostles.

As told at the beginning of Acts chapter 5 Ananias and Sapphira, following Barnabas' example, also sold their land but secretly withheld a portion of the proceeds. Ananias presented his donation to Peter. Peter replied, "Why is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit?" Peter pointed out that Ananias was in control of the money and could give or keep it as he saw fit, but had withheld a portion of it. Peter stated that Ananias had lied not to men, but to God. Because of his actions Ananias died on the spot and was carried out. Everyone who heard about the incident feared the Lord. Three hours after Ananias' death his wife arrived, unaware of what had happened. Peter asked her the price of the land that she and Ananias had sold, and she stated the same untruthful price that Ananias had given. She too, fell dead.

Almost sounds like the first Christians were a bunch of communists and God didn't approve of greedy liars?
I guess if everyone were perfect wouldn’t be any need for a sacrifice eh?

Doesn’t have a thing to do with what we are discussing.

I worked for mine. I didn’t steal it.
I help people who help themselves.

We have already had the superior intellect and Assumptions routine so I guess it’s time
For the Christian bashing part.

You poor thing…

Last edited:
whole we are are quoting the bible, i suggest you do some more reading :

John 3:17
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person

Galatians 6:2
2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ

Hebrews 13:16

16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased

Luke 6:38

38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Luke 12:33

33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

Proverbs 19:17

17 Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
Now Imma have to break out some Aesop :)

Attachments

• ants-and-the-grasshopper.jpg
    ants-and-the-grasshopper.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
You don't need to look further than Haiti or Somalia for an example of how things will play out if a SHTF event happens.
After all the worst thing that can happen in a SHTF scenario is that your starving for food and water, there is almost no Government or Medical support and lawlessness rules the land. "Check and Check for both places"

What you find is that huge well armed Gangs quickly build up and prey on the weak. Those who have hidden resources are the first to be raided and eliminated and those who have nothing are ignored or used and abused.
One could look at South Africa for a closer comparison.

One could look at South Africa for a closer comparison.
Your kidding right. Don't watch all that news coverage that just focuses in on the Ghettos of SA.
South Africa is ranked about 32 in the world for GPD, that is above Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Qatar, Kuwait and another 150 countries. The place is loaded with Gold, Diamonds and a fair bit of oil. There only problem is high immigration and a very unequal distribution of wealth just like in the USA. The government is also somewhat corrupt ranking about 70th out of 180 countries. Mexico is ranked 120th for a reference and Somalia is 178 or second to last and Haiti is 164.

Your kidding right. Don't watch all that news coverage that just focuses in on the Ghettos of SA.
South Africa is ranked about 32 in the world for GPD, that is above Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Qatar, Kuwait and another 150 countries. The place is loaded with Gold, Diamonds and a fair bit of oil. There only problem is high immigration and a very unequal distribution of wealth just like in the USA. The government is also somewhat corrupt ranking about 70th out of 180 countries. Mexico is ranked 120th for a reference and Somalia is 178 or second to last and Haiti is 164.
I referenced SA for your comment about lawlessness rules the land. SA is quite violent. Thanks for the tip about news coverage. I get all my information from the internet where everything is fact ;-)

Yes and my relatively wealthy friends just left after 10 years cause they live in a fortress and terrified to go out

They must have one heck of a constitution where you live. Thats an impressive set of must haves.
Yes the poor get access to subsidised housing , free healthcare , free education to third level , supported fuel bills ( fuel allowance grant ) generous child support payments. Those on the minimum wage pay virtually zero tax.

As an emergency first responder, we are taught Self, Family, Neighbors, Community in that order. There is no stoplight in the closest town to me. I am in the sticks :cool: We like our peace and quiet. Mobs would have a bad day in our little community. See...Dalton Gang
This is a delusion. A hungry angry mob turns up everywhere , a few preppers in a compound don’t stand a chance against 1000s ( who typically then organise their own army ). Study the history of serious civil unrest. Large armies have been put to the sword by mobs. The USA itself is a case in point

So if you think a few guys with a couple of AR16 will make any difference or actually prevent their hordes of food , energy or other resources fron being taken , your deluding yourself.

10 guns are useless against 1000 people

Yes and my relatively wealthy friends just left after 10 years cause they live in a fortress and terrified to go out
Yes the crime is very high but I know that they have several large gated communities that are safe. That’s not my idea of a living but there are a lot of countries where you cannot venture out at night unless the drive carries you through safe neighborhoods.

Yes the crime is very high but I know that they have several large gated communities that are safe. That’s not my idea of a living but there are a lot of countries where you cannot venture out at night unless the drive carries you through safe neighborhoods.
Yes but that’s absolutely no model for a functioning society. Hence no point allowing wealth disparities to build to that point. That’s my point.

This is a delusion. A hungry angry mob turns up everywhere , a few preppers in a compound don’t stand a chance against 1000s ( who typically then organise their own army ). Study the history of serious civil unrest. Large armies have been put to the sword by mobs. The USA itself is a case in point

So if you think a few guys with a couple of AR16 will make any difference or actually prevent their hordes of food , energy or other resources fron being taken , your deluding yourself.

10 guns are useless against 1000 people
LOL I can tell from your post you a very experienced warfighter with lots of time behind a rifle in the shit.

Back