diy solar

diy solar

Confirmation I know what I am about to do.

First, thanks to Juanmijm and to Snoobler who have opened my eyes into what I am getting myself into.

I have decided for my upcoming house project in Spain (my intention is to record everything here and post as it happens) that I am going to install a hybrid on grid/solar system for electricity, water and radiant under floor heating.
I just wanted someone here to confirm that I am on the right track here. Option 1, I could make things very simple for myself and get a Tesla Powerwall 2 and pay professionals to design and install all this for me. Option 2, carry on watching Will's videos, ask questions here and read the threads and go down the rabbit hole of making my own DIY version of a powerwall saving a lot of money and gaining great knowledge. Is that the jist of it ? Am I missing something really obvious ? Option2 really appeals to me but Option 1 would be no problem if it gives me an easier life in the long term. Really apprecuate your thoughts.

my upcoming house project in Spain
There may/will be local regulations regarding what you can do DIY with a grid connected system. In Portugal , where I am familiar with the regulations, only approved components can be used and only a registered professional can install and commission, with the utility supply company having final inspection before its connected on line.
There may be a requirement for a energy audit of the complete house and suitable energy efficient systems to be installed, example solar water heating.

Mike

Good to know, Am speaking to Spanish guys from this forum to see what is allowed.

Back