diy solar

diy solar

What I Don't DISLIKE about this forum (added don't)

garetwo

What I dislike about this forum

Well, can you tell that is a deliberate title to make you look further?

But, I should make it truthful, I would love to see a “Suggestion Box” for topics or whatever, that does not belong in a listed thread. So, I don't like that it does not have one. This said… Edited 1/15/24 0927 PST because it does have this!! There is nothing I dis like then.

I love this forum!! I just went to another diyxxxx.com forum and it had advertisements on every exposed section of the site, no matter how deep I went into threads. The constantly moving/changing “stuff” was a distraction, disallowing me to focus on information.

So, the real title should be “WHAT I LIKE/LOVE ABOUT THIS FORUM”. I have many other things I like about it. How about the few who are on here regularly, have messages with real content to them on a variety of topics? Or some who are (in my mind) super experts, just sharing what they know in very specialized areas?

Anyway, I am not at all affiliated with this forum, I never even heard of Will Prowse until late last year when I started to help a friend, and I may only casually drop by now that most of what I needed to know is cared for. I am accustomed to people more willing to lodge a complaint versus a commendation, I do not wish to join that group, though complaints in this forum do often lead to dissuading buying or doing something that could prove detrimental in the future.

KUDOS!

Who are some you appreciate on here and why? I have at least four specifically....

Last edited:
Thank you for the info! This is truly the first time I have ever been corrected!! oh wait, my wife says this is not the first time. I am embarrassed, I do thank you.

@sunshine_eggo Victron, battery knowledge
@RCinFLA Battery chemistry, he makes my propeller spin really fast
@Steve_S The real world battery & BMS experience.
@timselectric Electrical code and simplicity of comments
I appreciate ALL the mods for the work they do here.

I might add there are others also!

That list is too short for me to be on it, but thanks.

Top of the list.
Congratulations.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Because it might not actually be,
A gift
A horse
Or a mouth
I don't think the list is in order of "best, best2, etc" Each is relative AND each of us has names pop up differently. I might run off the names of my kids, but (hopefully) it has nothing to with best to least best... Then again...

@garetwo - I could not agree with you more. I spend hours and hours searching this forum and reading threads packed full of facts, tips, valuable links to charts, and sage advise from those who have been where I am.

A quick hats off to Will and all you guys who tirelessly answer questions and offer knowledge!

Back